SAU Community

Cradle Bushes

Guest a31rb25

Guest a31rb25

just bought a steering bush and solid aliminium cradle bushes from Zenith Tuning (cheers Brad!) which will be installed in the next few days

was wondering if anybody would be interested in a brief do this/don't do this for future reference. pics will be included. will probably do it in a word-doco format as i don't know how to add mass pics to a post

any takers?

Guest a31rb25

Daveo, what's so bad about them, i understand that they induce oversteer, but is it that bad that it effects daily commuting? as for adding to the stiffness of the ride, i'm not too concerned with that, the car is already awful on anything that has a few bumps, lol

regardless of how they effect the car, i'll post here and on Cefiroz.com a report on them and an article about installing them. hopefully with pics too

Guest a31rb25
alloy cradle bushes are da bomb izzle!!!

LOL thanks Huddy, you just reminded me of a classic drunken moment - a mate acting all Pimp and trying to say "it's the bomb, fo' shizzle"

instead it came out as "Bomb Schnitzel"

HA HA

• 2 months later...

Yeah I got some alluminium inserts, what I am thinking about doing is keeping the bottom ones in and repacing the top part for some smaller cut pinapples. just finding with the LSD too much noise when it locks around slow tight corners such as three point turns. basically metal on metal no dampening. see how you go I am hoping to get mine in, in the next couple of months. Its been put off for a while and just got put off longer with a little acco today. (see pics and post)

LoL one dont, dont use soild aluminium ones!  They are harsh, fun when you want it, but a pain the rest of the time.

Normal driving they are all good, yeh alloy ones make it harder than pinapples but lets face it the whole idea of them is to stop the harsher AXLE TRAMP and alow the wheels to spin with no issues.

GET EM INTO YA!!!!!!

Some people say the best of both worlds are PU on top and solid on the bottom.

Means it ends up tight but the NVH isn't transmitted to the car as much. I got my PU pineapples for $40 I think. Not that much in order to preserve some semblence of aural quality.

Good on ya for the article. If you want to just get the pics and send them to me seperately and just write the article in a PM or something I'll be happy to format it and put it up on cefiroz.. Good on ya!

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that there are 4 types of subframe bushes.

The first type are the actual bushes in the subframe itself which are pressed in. See attachment below.

When these factory items get old the subframe has movement, then people fit the alloy type of spacer bush as is being discussed here, which is the second type of bush.

Then there are solid ally bushes which are installed to crush the std fatory bushes, seen here : http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...246&hl=subframe

Then there are the pinapple urethane type which are used to tilt the subframe for drift or traction seen as posted here : http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/203a_KCA349.pdf

I reckon im going to fit the first type i talked about (the actual bush replacement) which is a hard job, but will be worth it, and then fit the urethane type to angle the subframe for traction.

I just see the alloy type as a quick replacement for fitting the actual subframe mounts.

NSB_66_Nissan_Silvia___Skyline_Subframe_Mounts_1_.pdf