SAU Community

Where Is The Remote Wire/ No Rca's ?

onBOOST247

Hey, from what i have read up on the H/U installion on a R33, 2 questions i cant understand , i dont see anyone mention nothing about the remote wire ? and my deck doesnt have RCA Input.

(1) Im about to install a amp and wondering where i connet the remote wire to..

Effectively a remote wire is basically the same as the accessories wire right ?

Should i just wire it into the acessories wire going into the H/U ?

(2) My double din Gathers (Kenwood) deck doesnt have RCA Inputs, i was told you can get converters, that basically convert your speaker wires into a box then you plug in RCA's out of that ? Has anyone done this and does it still sound normal?

Let me know what every1 who has amps has done ...

Edited by onBOOST247

Remote wire comes out of your HU, run it to the remote of your amp. It triggers the amp to turn on. Possibly the accessories circuit would do, but don't bother man.

I didn't find a remote wire on Nissan's harness when I did my stereo.

Remote wire comes out of your HU, run it to the remote of your amp. It triggers the amp to turn on. Possibly the accessories circuit would do, but don't bother man.

I didn't find a remote wire on Nissan's harness when I did my stereo.

lol, i already knew all that, and ur telling me that u cant find it ?? that doesnt help..

raz0r$harP - That website you posted looks the goods, can you confirm if it is reliable ? but only problem is for 1995 and onwards its left blank for the stock amp turn on wire ??

lol, i already knew all that, and ur telling me that u cant find it ?? that doesnt help..

raz0r$harP - That website you posted looks the goods, can you confirm if it is reliable ? but only problem is for 1995 and onwards its left blank for the stock amp turn on wire ??

ok cool, what year model was yours man ?

How am I supposed to know that you already knew that?

thanks  raz0r$harP.. now thats sorted out...

what about my 2nd question, about the RCA's... i never heard of anyone doing it so i dunno if its gonna sound like shit or not...

Dont u mean "my headunit doesnt have rca outputs"? You want sound from your HU to go to your amp yeah?

If I've missed something excuse me!

Almost every deck nowdays has RCA outputs. Is it an OEM double din or something?

If your deck doesnt have RCA outs, then I can almost guaruntee that your system will sound shithouse. The deck is the main sound output for your whole system obviously, so a poor deck = poor sound.

unfortunately i aggree with ^^^^^^^^^.

no rca's then i would consider getting a new deck, otherwise you will be facing a system with bad static background noise which in turn equals shithouse sound.

u can hook up the speaker wires from the head unit to the amp, most amp's come with a wiring loom to be plugged in if you dont have rca outputs, as with most stock head units. The amps have been desigened with this feature so as long as the headunit pumps out a nice sound and the amp is of a good quility as well then it wont sound bad should sound just as good as if it had rca output's allthough in saying that most after market decks which dont have rca outputs are either cheap with crappy sound output or old (which might not be that much of a problem but still wont sound as good with some of the new technology out there) consider upgrading your deck but try without first, just depends how perdantic you are i mean some of us goo out n spend 4 -- 5 k on a real nice stereo and others spend a grand have can have the same decible output but mabye not as nice and round a sound that misses some freqz

good luck n tell us how it goes

Hey boyz, just for the record this is what ive done...

(1) Bought a Speaker --> RCA converter from Repco

(2) Ran RCA's from that ---> AMP

(3) Hooked it all up, including remote wire e.t.c

DONE !!!

Sounds perfect and cranks.... The only problem i find is that when you have the volume set to "0", you can still hear hissing in the background, i assume its because of this setup, but for the meantime till i get a new deck, i'll live with it.

By the way yeh i know all NEW decks usually have RCA outputs, the deck i have is KENWOOD and is Double Din, with Full 3D spectrum anyliser, No it doesnt have RCA which i thought was wierd, but its a awsome deck and perfect condition, thats why i didnt wanna get rid of it yet.

Thanks for all the help anyway guys..