SAU Community

R33 Skyline Gts4 (non-turbo)

hello people...I'm going to purchase a skyline soon....but here's something that's been playing on my mind for a while now: is the 4WD on a '96 R33 Skyline GTS4 (non-turbo) constant or otherwise?? I've looked at a few at some car yards and the car salesmen tell me its got "constant 4WD"...but I'm not 100% if they are right or not...any help in clearing this up please? thanks.

its not constant 4WD like WRX.

They called ATTESA. works by transfering power to front wheels when you loose traction from rear tires.

have a look at the instrumental panel it should have '4WD' and 'SLIP'

with the SLIP lits up only when you loose traction to rear wheels.

when you start up car both lights up then goes off.

cheers

Joe

depends on your application

if u want to rip skids/drift or around go rwd...

if u want grip/track work and uber cool launches go 4wd...

that said you can get a torque split controller and grid dancer to change it into rwd, etc... (no fuse trick with 33s)

eug

hmmm...interesting interesting....ok...so what about take-off? does the R33 GTS4 launch faster than a normal GTS because of its ATTESA 4WD system? or does the 4WD only help out whenever u take on tough corners and when things get slidey?

hmmm...interesting interesting....ok...so what about take-off? does the R33 GTS4 launch faster than a normal GTS because of its ATTESA 4WD system? or does the 4WD only help out whenever u take on tough corners and when things get slidey?

*cough* rev limter launches *cough*

not that they launch faster, more like they grip better so u can give it more stick - hence better launches....

I'd say it was arguable as to whether a 4WD system on a NA Skyline would be a benefit of a hinderance for track work, unless you're planning on racing in low grip conditions.

Does the R33 GTS RWD car make enough power to constantly overwhelm the rear tyres, to offset the negatives of 4WD?

I'd say it was arguable as to whether a 4WD system on a NA Skyline would be a benefit of a hinderance for track work, unless you're planning on racing in low grip conditions.

Does the R33 GTS RWD car make enough power to constantly overwhelm the rear tyres, to offset the negatives of 4WD?

who says whether a 4WD system on a NA Skyline would be a benefit or a hinderance for track work? hahah :P

cheers

Joe

R33GTS4.wmv