SAU Community

oil temp and boost gauges etc

DJ_L3ThAL

where can i buy these and are they difficult to install ? i want a monster boost gauge with oil temp and a optimal shift indicator if these are available, like can you mix n match what ya have on them ? anyways im in melb where's the best palce to get them and installed if need be ? thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DJ_L3ThAL

i was told i should get a boost gauge, not for looks, hmm

boost gauge ok, but not 1 of those farkin monster tachs!!

U aint gonna be running 10 sec 1/4 passes are u? :(

boost will do... otherstuff is fairly cosmetic unless you're tuning individual parameters yourself.

Depends - i'm not a big fan of guages on the dash, even though they are easier to read sometiems. They draw attention from cops and the like. Another place you can consider is down on the centre console in or next to the ashtray.

Originally posted by DJ_L3ThAL

yeah i wanna do the EL too, where did u get it from and is it easy to install yourself ? whats involved etc ? im aq bit of a noob when it comes tro cars :)

got it from jetspeed but apparently its hard to get them now sum1 told me, and it took about 4 hrs to install.

My car came with a monstor tacho but I don’t wana take it out because they are worth so much. I bought a small auto meter boost gauge to go with it. The boost gauge is good but the tacho is just a waste of space and is really the ultimate toss item. There quite easy to install and the boost gauge is a very worth while addition even if it does cost about $150 with the mounting bracket :)

Originally posted by predator666

They draw attention from cops and the like.

i disagree... so long as its below the top of the steering wheel then its ok... i got pulled over for a RBT and talked to the copper for a little and he actually thought were i had mine was a good idea rather than puting it on the pilar which is more likely to get me in trouble

lol nah seriously

down calder park fair enough u dont need a shift light cause u know its one straiht road and no one pops out

but when ur on millers rd in altona 4 o clock in da morning.... draging some smart arse in a silvia turbo... u mite wanna keep ur eyes on da road

there for shift light is hand.. not the big monsta tacho.. **** that!!! thats to woggish even for me.... hmmm would look good tho hahah

all u need is a small little light some where so u dont hit that bloody limiter and loose time and get imbarresed by a pices of crap silver.. or r32 hahah sorry nik