SAU Community

Tint Defect

ricsvtr

does anyone know if cops are allowed to check window tinting at night? just got a yellow sticker for my tint. wasnt even doing anything wrong, cops just pulled me over for no reason. why dont they do something useful instead of handing out bullshit defect notices like this. they didnt do shit the both times my house was broken into. USELESS F%$CKS!!!!!

Edited by dan_the_man

does anyone know if cops are allowed to check window tinting at night? just got a yellow sticker for my tint. wasnt even doing anything wrong, cops just pulled me over for no reason. f&*cken c&*nt! why dont they do something useful instead of handing out bullshit defect notices like this. they didnt do shit the both times my house was broken into. USELESS F%$CKS!!!!!

Mmm not too sure on this one ? What did they say about your tint? Too dark etc? I thought the only way they could sticker was if you ahd any graphics on the tint that werent for business purposes etc or that you couldnt see in through from the outside ?

Mmm not too sure on this one ? What did they say about your tint? Too dark etc?  I thought the only way they could sticker was if you ahd any graphics on the tint that werent for business purposes etc or that you couldnt see in through from the outside ?

yeah they reckon its too dark....

if it has graphics on it, can be defected.

if it is normal tint darker than 35%, can be defected.

if it is reflective tint darker than 10%, can be defected.

and yes they can test at night, the machine tests what percentage of light gets through the glass, time of day doesnt affect it.

My brother's tint on the drivers side and passenger side windows on his Supra were so dark when he brought the car, he couldn't see out of them at night! So he would drive around with the windows down at night even if it was raining! But he's got it sorted now.

"They taste like burning!"

Edited by MacGuyver

A tip for tint .... the machine slides over the drivers or passenger door's so it has to be able to go over both sides of the glass on the edge of the glass so you can have your back glass as dark as you want as they cant test it ... but as for side glass they can and most likely will test it if its way to dark ... im going for one under legal tint so that it looks dark but you can see through it easy .. and on good days cops really cant tell the diff and most likely wont pick you for it :-)

ive got 30% all round on my 'line (one under legal) its nice and dark, and can still see through it properly.

a few cops i know go off a simple rule, if they look through the drivers window, and can see through the passenger window clearly, they wont hassle you.

well iVE got 5% limo tint and cops cant see sh*t all inside at night or day. its nice n cool in summer and made a BIG visual difference to the car when i added it.

i know of mates who have gotten over the pits on more than 1 occasion with limo tint all round, all at the same pits mind you :D

Edited by _8OO5TED_

i got done for tint once too..luckily my mate is a ex tinter, so he took it all off. thou now i have to be careful that my interiro doesnt fade now(bright light hurts my eyes)..

though i know mine was too dark..i was bad enough that at night i use to have to drive aroud with my windows down, cause i couldnt see out them..

its just a pain in the ass, to get done for something small, cause they will go over the rest of the car once u go through the pits..

all the best with sorting it all out

I read something in previous topic that cops are not allowed to book you for tints at night...

One guy said that his yellow sticker is not registered in the police database when he called up....i.e the cops give these sticker and they did not report to superior because the rule is that you cannot be booked for tints at night..

also, Ir ead sumthing in pits topic here somewhere that the pit are not allowed to issue a yellow sticker...so even if your tint is too dark for compliace....they can't do anything abt it..unless they call the cops over...

or a more likely reason...the cops are being Assholes...~~

i got done for tint once too..luckily my mate is a ex tinter, so he took it all off. thou now i have to be careful that my interiro doesnt fade now(bright light hurts my eyes)..

though i know mine was too dark..i was bad enough that at night i use to have to drive aroud with my windows down, cause i couldnt see out them..

its just a pain in the ass, to get done for something small, cause they will go over the rest of the car once u go through the pits..

all the best with sorting it all out

At least someone understands how i feel!

Anyways got it sorted now with 35% tint. For anyone that cares- according to the inspectors at the pits you dont need permits for things like pod filters, turbo timers, gauges (as long as theyre mounted suitably) anymore. I was going to apply for permits but the guy said i didnt need em. He said that basically a cop can yellow sticker for anything they want and that permits were not required for the mods i had and wouldnt neccessarily stop me from getting defected again. I might just apply for them anyway... I still think the whole thing was a load of crap, the cop reckoned if your tint is too dark you might not see someone and run em over. if thats the case are they gonna test peoples sunglasses to make sure theyre not too dark? plus now that ive got 'legal' tint ive noticed that HEAPS of cars have darker tint, but i dont see those cars with yellow stickers. I understand that not all cops are dickheads but this guy was a f**ken wanker.

get over it and move on...

Those who do illegal mods know we're all fair game. It's been like that for ages because guess what - it's ILLEGAL.

If you think the cop was an a-hole and you were unfairly treated, then take his badge number and put a complaint in. From the sounds of it though you were in the wrong.

If more people actually got off their ass and did something about things they're not happy with rather than just sitting around bitching about it, Perth would be a better place..

TT syndrome on SAUWA.. b*tching for the sake of it..

What happened to this being an informative automotive forum? I can't remember the last post I saw about something technical in here. Now it's all BOV's, tint and yellows.. shame..

/rant