SAU Community

Legal Mods

SKY 34

hey ya'll

jsut wondering if anyone here has actually gone to pit and made legal modifications...fill in those forms and stuff...

how much does it cost overall to legalise the car? I wanted to get permit for the more obvious mods....

cheers

30ish dollars and it will cover up to 4 - 5 mods.

More mods you need to pay the $30 fee over and over.

If a cop ever ripped my permits up I would complain so loud and I wouldnt stop till he is suspended / fired. No way a cop can get away with doing that unless you have blatently forged or made *additions* to it

umm not those, I meant more like a large scale mods...I went to pit got the brown paper for the cf spoiler, intercooler and the RSM but the guy showed me a piece of white form like 10 pages or sumthing in case I wanted further mods.... I asked and the guy say that 50% power increase is the most that is legal or sumthing didn't quite get it...

I passed twice with HKS BOV but they refused to give a permit for them<<---- weird?? so if I get caught again I have to go back to pit, passed and get back there to be caught again..stupid thing they do!!

He said that I have to write down all the mods I wanted to get and they'll do a preliminary check (on the wish list) if approved then I have to go to a mechanic appointed by the Pit (after everything fitted) to make sure everything is legal or so....

but I'm thinking the cost for the car to be checked by the mechanics must be quite expensive...and this mechanic knowing that I desperately need the mods will jack the price up? don't you think?

so wondering if anyone out there has gone thu with these? the orange and grey gray checkers are out there more often now =(

thanks Dan ...looking @ the link now..

lol seems that they give inconsistent permits..some have permits for this some don't lol....I think we all should get the examiner's name, work days and time and put a list of mods of what he passed...

lol...

these permits are given depending on the persons mood I'm guessing...so go sumtime after melbourne cup, ask around if any of the inspector won...buy some roses, wine and send them birthday card!! lol...

we should do those arrangement for SAU.."ehheem, it's not a bribe just appreciation for keeping the road safe" ... add a Wink wink* to that....

out of curiosity does anyone know if Reno is still the Head of Welshpool vehicle Inspection Centre? he seems like a nice person...The last thread of him was in 2003.... want to get a more recent update cheers...modifications I'm not sure I can get permits for

-Profec Bspec II

-pFC

Mentioned in the links that I can get permits for the electronics but I went to the pit and the guy told me :"we like everything to be fixed" refering to be able to play with a/f ratio and boost pressure...

-HKS hi power exhaust

again the links said I can get a permit, but the cops who pulled me over "no permits are given out for exhaust"

-Bride Seats

I heard they have to be reclining?

-17" rays rims

I went tru the pit asked for a permit and they refused to give, the cops pulled me over wants me to get a permit

- body kit

the Cops pointed that my car is too low, but I'm on standard suspension..then he wants me to get a permit for my body kit.. huh??? the pit says "we don't give out permits for body kits" but I passed...

-bov

as mentioned before, the pit passed me and the cops keep catching me for it...??? one of the nicer cops let go of me saying "not too loud, it's ok"

thanks beforehadn for those who has got informations...thanks