SAU Community

Question Regarding Turbo Timer And Alarm

midnight

before anyone says anything I have searched, but I have come across an issue not covered so I feel it warrants a new topic.

after installing a NC relay from the TT on the alarm ignition sense wire and when the car is running, wouldnt the relay still be powered? (and hence open), therefore the alarm would think the car is not running.

Ive shown my reasoning for this the second part of the attached diagram

Im asking about this as I wish to retain my auto arm feature, yet I dont want my car to arm the alarm 2min after I drive off.

Im thinking the installation of the relay is different from as I have drawn, so If anyone could correct me I would be much appreciative.

cheers

tt25bt.th.jpg

Edited by midnight

before anyone says anything I have searched, but I have come across an issue not covered so I feel it warrants a new topic.

after installing a NC relay from the TT on the alarm ignition sense wire and when the car is running, wouldnt the relay still be powered? (and hence open), therefore the alarm would think the car is not running.

Ive shown my reasoning for this the second part of the attached diagram

Im asking about this as I wish to retain my auto arm feature, yet I dont want my car to arm the alarm 2min after I drive off.

Im thinking the installation of the relay is different from as I have drawn, so If anyone could correct me I would be much appreciative.

cheers

tt25bt.th.jpg

do it this way. I take it you do not have a fuel cut on the alarm? if so then you have a problem.

this is how I get timers to work. HOWEVER if you have a 3pt item IT WILL NOT WORK. ( nor do you need it if you have a mongoose.m80)

see attachment:

post-2209-1130753283.jpg

Ive had a think about this,

Can't I just additionally install a NO relay on the fuel pump feed wire, across where it has been cut to accomodate the alarm?

That way the alarm wont cut the fuel pump until the timer has finished counting down.

Do any alarms activate fuel cut only when the car has been breached? Or, do they all activate fuel cut upon arming? Is it possible to only cut certain points when the car is breached, and not simply when the alarm is armed?

Thanks (hopefully you understand what I mean).

midnght,

yes you can. HOWEVER. hide the wire that feeds it VERY well.

mikymouse,

depends on the alarm. 90% of them do it on arming. in regard to you certain points question. this is the basics of quiktrak system. IGN,Starter are done and the fuel or other system is done remotely.

Ok, let's say the alarm cuts the points on arming. If you want to have remote start and still have a point of immobilization going to the fuel pump, is it possible to install a relay going to the fuel pump that cuts the fuel pump's power when the siren is given power. hmm.. actually on second thought, might not be such a good idea, as the siren usually beeps on arming. Is there anything else it could be wired to?

best to leave the idea alone. look at it this way- If I find out where you live I can take the car in an instant seeing as you have already done most of the hard work for me bypassing the alarm..

do it this way. I take it you do not have a fuel cut on the alarm? if so then you have a problem.

this is how I get timers to work. HOWEVER if you have a 3pt item IT WILL NOT WORK. ( nor do you need it if you have a mongoose.m80)

see attachment:

Hey chris. what did you mean you wont need it if you have an M80? i saw something in the description for the m80 that it has turbo timer interface....does that mean it has something to hook up to a turbo timer without any hassles?

see attachment:

Hey Guys, This thread helped me as the fool who own my car previously wired the ignition imobilisation to the starter motor. so the car would arm 30 seconds after starting the car. No wonder he didn't have the siren connected!! You couldn't restart it if you stalled unless you unarmed it , but then again you could roll start it anyway! Great security. Anyway, Thanks to the thread I rewired my alarm using a relay. I could not make sense of the diagram provided by Chris Rodgers but this is how I did mine and it works a treat. you can arm it with the engine still running and It wont set of the alarm either. if you put the key back in the ignition after arming it - it will still cut out. You might be able to integrate a fuel cut but I don't know. You might be able to utilise a 555 timer from jaycar which might give you a fuel cut time delay, or simply another turbo timer connected where your fuel ut is.

Anyway - here's my wiring.

post-19015-1131196773.jpg

Edited by chrissso

Hey chris. what did you mean you wont need it if you have an M80? i saw something in the description for the m80 that it has turbo timer interface....does that mean it has something to hook up to a turbo timer without any hassles?

yep the option is there for it. have a read in the book when yours gets to you and its option 13. you still need the timer.

Hey Guys,  This thread helped me as the fool who own my car previously wired the ignition imobilisation to the starter motor. so the car would arm 30 seconds after starting the car.  No wonder he didn't have the siren connected!!  You couldn't restart it if you stalled unless you unarmed it , but then again you could roll start it anyway! Great security.  Anyway,  Thanks to the thread I rewired my alarm using a relay.  I could not make sense of the diagram provided by Chris Rodgers but this is how I did mine and it works a treat.  you can arm it with the engine still running and It wont set of the alarm either. if you put the key back in the ignition after arming it  -  it will still cut out.  You might be able to integrate a fuel cut but I don't  know.  You might be able to utilise a 555 timer from jaycar which might give you a fuel cut time delay,  or simply another  turbo timer connected where your fuel ut is.

Anyway - here's my wiring.

post-19015-1131196773.jpg

thats pretty much what I had done. I left the alarm out of it.