SAU Community

Hks T04r Dyno Results 400kw+

wrxkilla

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i have a document must be the one u refer to. in pdf

has some graphs etc. the t04r is very insuperior to the t04z regards to responsiveness and boost building capabilities.

i would love more mid range like a t04z but this is the real world!

lol just been out for some 'testing' its great with a launch pulls great through all the gears...

pity williwbank isn ton this weds :D

excelent work.

it seems that your boost control problems are long gone :D

:D il have to pull my finger out and get my motor going!!!

hehehe yes all good. :D

thanks v much for everyones help in that thread.

pity im only running 18psi, i really thought i might have to run over 20psi to make 400kw.

:)

mick

hehe, all at a time.

im still stock fuel rail, pretty stock fuel system, intank pump.

so we was seeing its starting to get to its limits at the top...

will go and race like this see how it goes, then make some improvements..

:)

Hi WRXKilla well done mate. Very interesting power curve there. The t04r is meant to be very similar to the t04z except t04z is ball bearing . Im thinking there must be more differences then that to improve its response time. I have another graph to post up showing boost pressure might be interesting to compare how they ramp up.

post-3878-1130849588.jpg

Edited by R32-GTS

Also that is very good power your making for 18psi at that boost i think im only making 400rwkw's at 18psi. I managed to get a 10.9 with 425rwkw's on street tyres with 1.6 60 ft times . It had more in it but i had to baby third gear in the stock box to avoid breaking it. The box exploded the next day anyway. Start saving for a gearset !

Also that is very good power your making for 18psi at that boost i think im only making 400rwkw's at 18psi. I managed to get a 10.9 with 425rwkw's on street tyres with 1.6 60 ft times . It had more in it but i had to baby third gear in the stock box to avoid breaking it. The box exploded the next day anyway. Start saving for a gearset !

The t04r is meant to be very similar to the t04z except t04z is ball bearing

From what I have heard (and seen in the results) the T04Z utilises a much later generation of aerodynamics. So much so that, when HKS asked for upgrading potential for their T04Z version, the Garret enginers laughed at them.

I am busting to find a compressor map for a T04Z, I have a rule that says "don't use a turbo until you have checked out the compressor map" to make sure it does what I want. I don't want to break one of my own rules.

:) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

I just decided i would try it and see how it went as i thought a gt35r would be slightly too small for what i wanted. The t04z ended up been an excellent choice in terms of lag vs power. Comes on boost sooner then a mates gtr with HKS 2530's but just keeps powering in the top end.

I wonder if there is any difference between the HKS T04Z and the Garrett T04Z?

I believe it is only that "anti-surge" compressor cover ? (ie. the holes drilled into the compressor cover) ??? Can anyone confirm this? :)

Oh, and the HKS label which adds 50kw :)

Edited by Wobbz

I have it on good authority that the HKS and garrett are the same sans the sexy front cover.... this is not normally the case with the similar turbos i.e. GTRS and GTSS or 2530 equiv.....

SK TO4Z you know you want to!!!!! 800hp from a 3ltr? hmmm

oh and Morgs u have to throw up a dyno sheet next week :P

yeah all the people saying they should be similar.

actually check it out.

the t04z is a FAR superior turbo than the T04r. i refuse to compare results. :P

appreciate everyones feedback keep it coming.

but yeah i couldnt find comp maps for t04 & t04z sk, if you can that would be great!!!

R32GTS, thanks for your info, i find that helpful for sure.

thanks