SAU Community

Whats The Fuel Consumption For R33 Non Tubo Manual

yeah i put the new spark plugs in car. the ones i took out were these american ones by autolite called APP 3224 or something. new ones are NGK have done the job fantastically and the skyline does not jerk any more plus the carbon clean helped a lot, as well and the car pulls much better.

I put like 38 dollars of Caltex Vortex fuel into the R33 non turbo skyline 2.5 manual plus octane booster bottle and got like 300 kilometers. does this sound right. does anybody know what the non turbo is supposed to waste on fuel, per like 100 kilometers. is this ok or is there something wrong with my car. Its got new penrite oil, petrol filter, clean HKS pod filter, oil filter, new spark plugs and also had a carbon clean to clean out the injectors and all the carbon buildup in the fuel system.

Regards Brian

mvc011sgood7kq.th.jpg dp3ja.th.jpg

Edited by el_bichito

dont bother with octane boost waist of money unless you tune to suit. my missus has r33 gts4 converted to manual and and i think we get alot more than 300 to tank. i think you should get 10l per 100km or so - 65ltr tank you do the maths.

Ok cool thanks. thats odd with sixty five liters i would defineitily do more than 300. Probably more like 550 to 600 kilometers for sure. I put like 38 of Vortex 98 and fuel tank says full. that was like 34 litres and that. I think my tank is like 40 litres or something cause when petrol was cheaper i would put like 30 dollars and the tank would say it was full so yeah. its od i think my tank might be 40 liters not 65 why is it supposed to have that kind of tank. what kind of tank does my car have, what size does the manual say.

So you are saying that high octane fuel is wrong or high octane like the wynns bottle and that. that you poor into the tank.

Edited by el_bichito

If you fill your tank completely, drive around measuring the distance, then fill your tank completely again you can calculate the fuel consumption in litres / 100km, which is actually useful in guaging fuel consumption. Saying I get so many litres to a tank tells nothing of fuel consumption because a) fuel tanks come in different sizes and B) most people dont completely drain their fuel tanks before refilling. If you are putting in $38 of fuel to completely fill it, then I'd say there is still plenty of fuel in the tank each time you refill (regardless of what the guage is telling you). I'd expect 10-12 litres/100km from an R33 would be about normal. (But I don't own one).

And I highly doubt your fuel tank is only 40 litres. That is waaaay too small for a car the size of a skyline.

Edited by Big Rizza

Yeah i had worked it out just before, approximately. from what i rememenber that the 38 dolalrs bought me and it worked out to be like 9.34 litres per 100 or so. which isnt so bad for a big skyline R33, i guess. since i have had the car thats what the petrol tank says. when its like 35 dolalrs of fuel it says its full. So im sure its only 40 litres. Maybe the Non turbo has a smaller tank or something. Ive had the car for like 5 years or so now

I'm not sure but i guess it would be about 65 litre tank. If it is on empty when you fill it then either your float is buggered or you have a very large reserve. I don't see how a 6 cyl car would have anything much smaller than 65L.

I've got a r31 that has a 65L fuel tank. I would've thought the r33s would be bigger.

9.34L per 100kms is very good for a 6cyl.

I think the guy was saying that octane boost bottles are a waste of money unless your car is tuned to run on high octane. You would only need 95RON fuel in a non-turbo which is standard premium, but 98RON fuel won't hurt.

the r33 gts does have a 65L tank

i get around 500 city and up to 600+ highway (thats babying it)

i run bp ultimate only (98ron)

havent had any experience with an octane booster.

and ngk platinums/iridiums have been a waste for me.

only go the booster/platinums/iridiums if you have the car tuned for it

Last time I checked my manual R33 GTS-4 worked out to get about 14L/100km using BP ultimate, pretty shit for a stock standard non-turbo 6. I put it down to car needing a service (getting done tomorrow) and lots of around town driving. Oh yeh, and fanging it too much :)

if the fuel economy isnt right (tho it sounds fine, just the guage isnt too accurate) and you've done everything he has already done, then think about replacing oxygen sensors and fuel reg's... but mainly the O2 sensor, as they dont last for ever and these cars are getting on a bit now

Bugger, I must have the most thirstiest non turbo ever made, im getting about 15l/100km, its a r33 auto so its obviously going to have higher consumption than a manual. I've changed the O2 sensor, had it serviced etc. What could be wrong? Apparently there are pin-holes in the exhaust, but i was under the impresion these are after the cat and surely this wont affect much, could the gearbox be slipping? it feels fine however.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers

Hey i reckon maybe you need carbon clean as well or else get injectors cleaned or maybe both. I have exhasut leek as well i thought maybe this has something to do with it as well....but its ok it doenst waiste too much fuel

ok cool well next time ill go over 40 litres and see if it starts to spill over and that lol. the gauge seems to be accurate. like it goes down the same and thne if it gets to low the light goes on. but thne again if its not working properly then its like registring like half a tank