SAU Community

Snapped Studs

skyman

hey there guys need some help...

i have 3 snapped exhaust mainfold studs and was just wondering if anyone knows of any mobile thread repairs.

im in melbourne and have had no luck in finding anyone

thanks

when mine snapped i got a guy called captain thread out, hes a mobile mechanic, got my snapped ones out but i had to put the new ones in. and i had to take the turbo and manifod off. But im from adelaide, maybe theres a guy like that there........not sure.

when mine snapped i got a guy called captain thread out, hes a mobile mechanic, got my snapped ones out but i had to put the new ones in. and i had to take the turbo and manifod off. But im from adelaide, maybe theres a guy like that there........not sure.

thanks ill try to look him up.

just out of interest how much did he charge?

i have taken the turbo and manifold off already

thanks again

he charged me $70 to get all the studs out and an extra $40 or so for all new studs........meanwhile one snapped b4 i started my car and another ones snapped because i think my manifolds a little warped. Most likely why 2 have already gone.

he charged me $70 to get all the studs out and an extra $40 or so for all new studs........meanwhile one snapped b4 i started my car and another ones snapped because i think my manifolds a little warped. Most likely why 2 have already gone.

i was albe to get all the studs out but the 3 that snapped...

thanks for your help mate ill keep looking...