SAU Community

Wanted

RDSA

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, wasnt too sure if he was serious..... if he was Im sure he would have wanted to check one out b4hand.

Brazen, you were up late last night, must have watched the soccer hey?

i had 'exhaust tech' in adelaide install the front mount. they used a rb25det kit (r32, 33 i think). the front bar needed to be modified a bit, nothing too serious, just a trim. the cooler fits perfectly you can hardly even notice it. the pipe work required one hole to be cut in the body and the window washer bottle was replaced (too big).

sorry i cant really give a step by step guide as i had this item proffesionally installed. i did watch the whole process so i may be able to answer specific questions.

cheers, doug.

ps, this car will be advertised on carsales.com soon and also local adelaide papers.

Well, as he said, it seems the R33 GTST one lines up all fine and stuff. So any hybrid/chinese style cooler pipes.

So basically, any jap pipe kit would work, but the issues with those pipes kits is that you have cut a hole in the body under the battery tray, where here in tightass victoria, that could cause problems with the po-leece. Naturally, the water bottle needed to be moved, ive noticed that in the stagea they are extra extra large (i think i put 3L in mine last time i filled it up)

Its good to know now that the R33 GTST pipes fit. Thanks mate.

Edited by AlexCim

yeah, the washer bottle does the front and back. its also got 2 motors on it. the one that i had put in is from a s15 i think and only has one pump. so when i squirt the water i wash the front and back at the same time!! its actually pretty cool.

my stagea is silver. (and for sale, and in ADELAIDE :)

yep, the r33 kits do the job perfectly, they come with instructions for those who are techinally minded. also you have to trim the radiator fan, i forgot that bit, its in the instructions...