SAU Community

OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch

I have an OS Giken Twin Plate push type clutch for sale.

I'm no upgrading to a triple plate now that I can increase my boost past the measly 18psi.

I don't know how much plate is left on the clutch as it is still in the car. I've only had the clutch in there since August so I can't imagine that it's worn all that much.

I'm aksing $1200.00 for it as I believe that the plates are still in excellent condition. If the plates are in worse condition than expected, I am willing to negotiate on the price.

The standard GTR uses a pull type clutch. I think you will find that most decent aftermarket clutchs (include OS, Ogura and ATS) all are push type.

The clutch will fit directly on R32 and 33 GTS-T and R32 GTR pre 94 and any other car which have been modifed to fit a push type.

There are plenty of kits which will convert the clutch setup from pull to push.

Driving a twin plate isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Of course it is harder than a stock or upgraded single plate clutch but the grip from a twin plate is more than adequate for a car with less than 350 rwkw. Slip isn't a problem if driven correctly and for those who have seen or met me, I'm not the biggest guy around :D but I didn't have a problem clutching in peak hour traffic with it.

The conversion kit doesn't come with the clutch as I need it for my triple plate but the kits are available from plenty of places. On the other hand, if you can get your hands on the front of a R32 and 33 GTS-T and R32 pre 94GTR, then no kit is required as these are already push type.

That's very interesting! I didn't know that OS, Ogura and ATS made you convert to a pull setup...

I wonder what the reasoning behind that... I know that NISMO clutches retain the stock setup, and they sell single, twin and triple plate PUSH clutches for the R33 GTR...

Oh well, live and learn... I just thought I'd bring it up in case you made a mistake when typing up the post, but you obviously haven't!

Cheers, Andrew.

OS, Ogura and ATS actually make you convert to PUSH type, not PULL in the R33 GTR....

A lot of the single plate clutches remain as a pull type in the R33 GTR but for some reason, they all think that a PUSH type setup is better.

Anyways, the clutch is still for sale :)

Originally posted by Merli

That's very interesting! I didn't know that OS, Ogura and ATS made you convert to a pull setup...

I wonder what the reasoning behind that... I know that NISMO clutches retain the stock setup, and they sell single, twin and triple plate PUSH clutches for the R33 GTR...

Oh well, live and learn... I just thought I'd bring it up in case you made a mistake when typing up the post, but you obviously haven't!

Cheers, Andrew.