SAU Community

Shell Optimax Extreme

BookyVL

I've run 2 tanks through the GTR since I discovered it..

I've noticed the following difference in the cars performance changing from optimax/bp ultimate:

- no more popping! the car does not pop at all anymore. previously it was running quite rich and popping about once per gear change

- the car is a lot smoother

- the engine is more quiet

- the car pulls a lot better

I did a search on here, and must admit the user comments about this product is pretty dissapointing so far. Particularly those who have not tried it putting in their stupid opinion.

Cheers.

Ok i have run a tank....

My check engine light flashed fairlly often recording a knock level of 70 or so under boost....

Same settings on regular 98 (oltimate or optimax) and i can only just get to 20 knock level....

So i will NOT be using it again....

Unless you tune on it dont use it.... Use the fuel that your car was tuned on.

Thats funny, i noticed instantly running quite high boost (20psi) with this new fuel, that my knock has come down quite alot. I will do some more testing but on high boost with 98 fuel, i used to see knock in the 90's, so far ive seen this drop to 60. Save me taking some timing out of her.

col: i would imagine you would have to get it tuned for the stuff.. thats what everybody has been saying..

then once you do you keep having to use it, so you are stuffed again.. for that reason don't think i'll be using it for a while. That's probably what everybody else is thinking too, so nobdody will adopt it and they'll give up?

We'll see I guess :D

Yeah im sticking to 98....

I stuffed up my pfc today playing with it to tune for 100 ron....

Ended up just reseting it and putting the standard ecu back in....

I just need to go to mercury to get it tuned properly....

I have lost so much power...

Now i have my injectors i can finally bolt up the new turbo... But now i have to re consider my plenium....

Anyways back to the point... Ill stick to 98 due to lack of supply of 100ron....