SAU Community

Speedo Problem

MM2death

My speedo has decided to stop working (odometer as well)...when i went to drive home from work i noticed, but i do know that it was working on the way to work that morning...strange. Can anybody tell me if there are any common problems with R32 speedos? Something come loose or did the cable snap? How hard is it to take the dash apart to see if it's turning? SOmeone told me it was a 10 minute job....i hope they're right.

Thanks,

Scott

Whole dash comes out as one unit....

two screws at the top of the face plate, drop down steering wheel, ease out all points (as in all corners stereo, above gear stick, etc)

should all "pop" out with a bit of force.

as for the rest, talk to a auto electrician, they'll want a whole day to work on them, unless you have a wiring diagram.

Loz

MM2death, the problem is the little gears inside that drive the odo, over time gradually wear out and the little teeth break off in one spot hense giving no drive to the number display. rip the panel out urself and send to an instrament tech. should be around the $70 mark. i got mate who fixes gauges, but we a bit far away...

good luck tho

cheers matt