SAU Community

My Beasts

Tangles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of selling The Beast. Not fussed either way, but putting the word out, so to speak.

See the attahced link, and contact me if ya reckon ya can handle it!

You know for less that what you spent on that bike you could of bought a zx-10R and got an exhaust and had about 125 or so kilowatts at the wheel, plus it would be lighter, have better brakes, better chassis, etc, etc. Then spend about a few grand getting the shocks revalved, and getting it set up propably and you would have a much better bike.

You know for less that what you spent on that bike you could of bought a zx-10R and got an exhaust and had about 125 or so kilowatts at the wheel, plus it would be lighter, have better brakes, better chassis, etc, etc. Then spend about a few grand getting the shocks revalved, and getting it set up propably and you would have a much better bike.

Another helpful comment people always like to hear... :D

YUP, for what I spent I could have got a new 04/05 1litre sports bike, just. I had $8k only at the time, and found the Fireblade for that price.

But the motor let go after 6months of ownership. What to do, what to do? Could have flogged it off for 5k, or rebuild. I went the rebuild option (all parts at cost, cheap labour as well :lol: ), and sold some shares to do so.

Since then Ive scrimped and saved to be able to afford the month-by-month ebay mods Ive since done. Bloody proud of the bike too. But it adds up pretty quickly thats for sure. Its my first fully modified vehicle and the journey in doing the buildup has been great fun.

It feels awesome to ride a fully customized bike, knowing that Ive done it all myself (minus the engine and fork rebuilds). Plus, the bike is now up to todays standards anyways, with close enough to the same power as a ZX10 (within a bees dick in terms of HP at the rear wheel), brakes are almost equal to a ZX10 (not radial), and rebuilt suspn is better than a stock ZX10. Chassis, well its 8yrs old! :D

Add into the fact that Im over 2metres tall and cant fit on one of these new fangle dangle bikes; a ZX10 is far too small for me to sit on. But Id seriously love a ZX12R, thats always been my dream bike. Low weight isnt the highest priority on the road, stability counts for a lot! And Im 130kgs, so there goes the light weight anyhow!! hehehe

Another helpful comment people always like to hear... :D

Nah, its all good! Horses for courses I say. It all depends on finances, wants & desires vs needs, & what gives you a 'tinkle in the eye', etc.

I look at my bike and know its a maniac, and cant fathom how it'd be to ride if I was only 5ft 6in tall and weighed say 80kgs, it'd be Insane!

I doubt it'll sell anyways, fact is I luv it too much to just give it away. If I seriously wanted to get rid of it, Id get 13k from the insurance company for 'dropping' it. :D But then I might hurt myself! :D

Brendan :D

I cant Maxx, its against my nature.

I may be a Giant, but Im a 'friendly' giant..... well, at least until I hop on the Fireblade, & then Im a VERY DARK man! GRRRRRRRR

:D Brendan

Yeah sorry just was a stupid reply, it's like people say to me why'd you buy a stock r34 when you could of got a 32, or 33 GTR and it would of been heaps faster? Well because thats what i wanted, and i want to mod it up to where i'm happy with it.

Your bike does look good and i know the trappings of just spending a little on a bike or car and then 10 - 15 grand later your happy with what your got and go shit i could of bought alot of other stuff for that kinda money.

sorry double post, zx12's are nice but if you love corners like i do i think you'd be happy with a current litre bike, but they are great for highway crusing, i swapped with my dads mate on the way to phillip island i rode his zx12 for a while and he rode my sv1000s and it was so much more relaxing.

Luv the ZX12R simly because its big, and Im big, so we go hand in glove, so to speak. Im just too big for the current litre bikes. The fireblade has been raised at rear by 2 inches, pegs dropped as far as possible, and Im still too cramped for room.

But yeah, nothing in this world like getting your knee down on a nible / powerful 1litre sports bike!

There's plenty of extra power in that big Ninja engine waiting to be untapped, and my mechanic (ex 500gp rider) is a wizz with suspension, so could get it sorted to go around corners AND fast on straights.

Not that Im buying one, just like them thats all!

Cheers, as I said its all good!

i don't know much about bike, but i heard R1 is the bike's GTR.

Friend is getting one of those next week and promise me to offer me a ride.

Never had a ride on a bike bigger than 250cc, so i am very looking forward to see what a 10sec car is like :D

yer, id feel funny riding someones bike, especially a larger one if you haven't ridden much before...

I dont like the idea of owning a used bike that ive just dropped :)

Unless you mean as a passenger Maxx...:) Take a photo with you on the rear of an r1 for us :)

There's a video floating around some where showing a bird on the back of a motor bike riding side by side with another..

THe dude decides to pop a mono and accelerate off, all you can see is her sliding off the back trying to hang on, as she's off she's desperately trying to grab on to anything.. OUCH!!! :)

I've been on the back of my Uncles old 900 Kwaka thing that he did up, he popped a small mono on that and damn it was hard to hold as simply due to the angle. :)

Scared the crap out of me.