SAU Community

Unquie Skyline

Word.

I went looking at R33 GTS-t’s yesterday for a mates little brother. First one we looked at was a little strange…

Its condition seemed pretty fair for a 1993 GTS-t.

First thing I noticed…Wow, its got one of those Japaneseeee Air Purifiers on the parcel shelf!

Second thing. A Factory drop down lip under the M-Spec bumper….WTF ? Operated by up/down buttons on the dash board.

This was 100% factory install….

Has anyone seen/know anything about R33GTS-t’s with these options ???

They were both factory options. I've got the drop down lip you're talking about. I think it's proper name is a "GT autospoiler"(?)

it activates automatically when you drive but you can also use it when parked if you have the handbrake up.(probably so you can wash it when you wash your car)

As Poombah said, they're factory options. They're not an adapted R31 system, but it is a native R33 options available when purchasing the car new in Japan.

THere's probably lots of other weird factory options that you would never think of, like raising parking pole on the far side (LH) of the front bumper to aid in parking manouver, I have this on my r33, but it's not working as I'm sure it's been disable due to not meeting ADR requirements during compliance.

As Poombah said, they're factory options. They're not an adapted R31 system, but it is a native R33 options available when purchasing the car new in Japan.

THere's probably lots of other weird factory options that you would never think of, like raising parking pole on the far side (LH) of the front bumper to aid in parking manouver, I have this on my r33, but it's not working as I'm sure it's been disable due to not meeting ADR requirements during compliance.

hey, just curious about your setup...

do you have a FMIC on your car? my drop down spoiler might have to go if I get an aftermarket frontbar & FMIC

cheers :D

====

SW20-GT: I believe that R32's came with this option aswell. A guy on these forums with an r32 posted a pic of his when I posted a topic about my drop down spoiler, he called it a GT autospoiler if I remember correctly