SAU Community

piss smell from the air con

hippy

You don't have cats in your neighbourhood, do you? Maybe the local tom has decided he likes your car and 'marked' the air intake vent.

You can get little air-fresheners that will clip on the vents and circulate sweet smells through the car.

Guest RedLineGTR

Aircon disinfectant cleaning spray, there are sprays on the market to remove the smell, the smell is because of bacteria and mold & fungus are growing in the ducts. This is because when you run you air con, and instantly turn it off the moisture is stuck in the vents thats why they recommend you letting the fan run for a little while after the aircon is off. Best bet is to go to any auto parts shop, like autobarn or something like that and just tell em what the problem is. Or even a aircon repairer shop they are a good bet. Hope i've helped.

Cheers

Guest RedLineGTR
Originally posted by hippy

it isn't that bad .. just when i turn it on it has that smell ... so after a while it goes away ...  does auto barn sell this disinfectant spray?? if so ... how much and where do u spray it??

Just to a auto part shop ask em about it most of them can get it in buy the next day. The propper way to do it is get them professionally cleaned out but a aircon place as stated above.

most of the time you have to wash the evaporator coil.got a japanese product called crystal waters.

in the old days of rotting heater cores we used nil-odour.small eyedropper full in the fan motor.

tried sprays,some work,had one with a long tube and expanding type foam.glen twenty is probly best.

silly people often let it fill with leaves.and the things grow in there big time.

i can't recalling ever pissing in the air vent ... although i will jog my memory ... i will go to a place to get it cleaned out .. do i have to go to a proper place or can any mechanic do it for me ... can i go somewhere where they can regas air cons?? would they know how to do it??