SAU Community

3" Stainless Too Loud

Like any exhaust, how loud it is depends on your tune. A PEII on my GTST with stock ECU was quieter than the stock exhaust (which was really weird), but once I threw on a PFC, raised the boost, it got a nice rumble to it. Doesn't drone though.

1) Fit an Apexi (or variant) exhaust control valve for $250 fitted, which would almost guarantee a quieter exhaust but i'd still have to manually play with the valve everytime I drive due to loss of power when the valve is closed up.

i have never heard of one of these but always thought theyd be a good idea, didnt think any companies had actually made one. where can i get one from??

I fitted a PEII to my r32 gtr last week... Its barely louder than the stock exhaust, but also sounds nice. I did 600km on the freeway over christmas in it, and it does not drone one bit.

Does the PEII flow well? Would you expect that there would be a power drop over say, an Apexi N1 or similar?

Cheers...

i went from stock to 3" straight through and without making it loud at all..

based on my experiences, i think there are 2 problems with why exhausts are too loud:

1) people but 10-year-old brand name aftermarket exhausts and the muffler / resonator are as good as a straight through pipe. GET NEW MUFFLERS, or simply get a custom-made exhaust for cheaper that automatically comes with new items

2) people don't run a resonator. I got the largest resonator fitted that could be ordered and the flow is still great but the drone is virtually non-existant.

cheers,

Warren

my r32 gtr has stainless 3" front pipes and 3" cat and stainless mandrel bent rear section with straight through muffler which i built myself (didnt build muffler obviously).

i dont find it noisy and i love the vicous hard edge note when the motor hits boost and i am seriously considering removing the muffler and replacing with straight piping to increase the noise. it doesnt drone at all.

kermit