SAU Community

Racial Tension?

GOR33

still we don't have the racial tension like you do in Syd , with all the gangs and crap down there . plus how many moasc's do you know of around Brissy anyway !!?

LOL, being on the wrong side of the fence and have lived in Syd. and Melb.

It's aint gonna hapen here (Ihope not), as most of the Islamic and lebanese who lives here in Qld, move here to get away from all that cr*p , that is goin on down there.

All I can say is that, what is happening down there, didn't happen overnight and the Police knew of the problems around the Rocks/Cronulla/Bondi for along-long time ago, and refuses to act on the level of street gangs.

Now, it has exploded in their faces, I'm not cop bashing, what I'm saying is that, the ppls at the top should be sack and replaces with ppls

who knows what they're doing and prioritises certain elements and not tow the political line of $$$$$$$ making scheme.

The sad thing is that, street level police are getting pushed into enviroment created by village idiots and innocent Australians are getting hurt and their view of the ethnics group as a whole will change forever.

It's a sad sad day for Australia.

Sort of reminds me about a history lesson I learnt long-long ago, it's called "Eureka Stockade"

true, Brisbane is so much better in terms of that. Being an asian myself, i do have some problems when ppl r drunk. But most of the times, everyone is all sweet.

it looks pretty bad down in sydney, isnt it? even im overseas, i can still hear everything on the local news every day from Sydney.

I have taken very close intrest in what going on...

I am shocked as to whats happening...

As a mediator at work i look at both sides of the story. I see both points but it does not make sence to come to violance. This situation can be settled with words, but its not going to be easy at all. Too many inocent people are being brought into this. I feel so bad for those who had their cars damaged as most probablly had nothing to do with it.

Un fortunatlly words will not solve this situation as there is too much anger and anger is an emotion that over powers the mind. I feel deaplly sorry for all those inocent people envolved and hope it never comes to QLD.

I dont think it will cause as said above we are all too lazy. We prefer to kick back and drink beer and watch the grass grow with a snag on the barbie.

Im a very open minded person. I have no grips with any race or religon or political stance's. I do understand why this is happening and hope it does not scar the inocent people...

My 2 cents

i dont think it would be as major as sydney...........people just arnt into that as much here.  there's very strong rasist undertones in some parts of queensland (One Nations biggest base of support was Qld) but it seemes more aimed at asians..........and mainly north of brisbane.

North of Brisbane aye? ive been living there for the last four years. as i said, i did have some problems but very rarely. most of the ppl r nice(specially ppl who love cars :angry: ).

Do have to say, there r f**ken wankers everywhere in every race( spelling right??).

Im an asian, but i dont have any problems with any one, no matter what colour your skin is.......

Any land in this world does not belong to anyone. For someone to claim it to be 'theirs' is down right stupid and childish. Land was put on this planet for the sole reason to keep us drowning in the water, for us to be kept protected from any animals/creatures in the sea, so we can sleep, hunt, etc.

My opinion, for people to come along in this world, create a business or empire called the 'Government' just so they can make a quick buck is where the problem lies.

The land doesnt belong to anyone and for someone to claim it to be theirs is just showing how greedy people are in this world.

But unfortantly we have to deal with "this land is mine cause i paid this much for it, yada yada yada". Your only saying that cause your under the government that you paid to have your house on. You really dont own the land cause the government still owns it (so they say).

well where does this situation leave an australian born wog? what catagory do u need to be in to be branded australian or wog?do u need to be born here, or come from a particular country? after all we have only been habitants of this country for a f*k all amonut of time, so who gives who the right to call it home and say piss off to evryone else?i thought australia as an image stood for multicultural? i think its just an excuse for a big fight, f*ken loosers!!! all of em!!!!

Nothing wrong with any culture in australia. I only have a problem with you if you start bringing your culture and religion to my home. (especially those door knockers). I live in the southside of town where there are a deep vaiety of nationalities and there is no problems. I never get hassled by ethinic colour ppl, heaps of them are so friendly anyways. i even got to sit in UAE's 350Z, and im asian.

So this stuff in sydney is just a war between those who live their religion and those who live by alcohol, both a belief in ones eyes. Never will it happen up here because brisbane is too busy to care. Just I suppose you should watch your back incase you try one of these acts.

my 2 cents

-Arbess

they are just getting at the fact that over the years the majority of attacks that have been carried out on shops theft/vadalism and harrassment of beach goers, as been witnessed by local people in the cronulla and surrounding area's has been by youth gangs of middle eastern apperance. and when this latest attack on an aussie icon the "australian volunteer lifegaurd" well that was the last straw for the local ppl who live in the area and they were making a stand against the out of control youth gangs. but this was interpreted as a racial target when they started with the "go home" "this is our country slogans" that is where it turned nasty i think anyway. and i doubt it will come to ahead on the gold coast, if it does, the ppl who are there to be racist will end up getting beat down.

yeh c they have their reasons for fighting down there, but wats the reason up here/ there is none people probably just wana follow in sydneyes footsteps for sumthing to do?????

its bullshit!