SAU Community

Info On 32 Gtrs - All The Info Is Here :)

Hi guys,

A few people have asked me for some info i have on 32 GTRs. I have a japanese GTR book at home which has a lot of specific info on 32 GTRs. Like which chassis numbers correspond to which model. Which colours were available over which model, and of course the spec level. Unfortunately the text is in japanese, but it is still quite usefull.

Here's the first one:

Vspec II

post-3621-1134599238.jpg

post-3621-1134599292.jpg

Scanning the pages is not so good for the book, but i did get N1, Vspec, and nismo too, i'll post them up a bit later on if anyone wants to see them.

this should be very helpfull to anyone trying to determine the pedigree of a GTR. I'm not keen to do many more scans as it's not good for the book, but i'll post up the standard GTR pages tomorrow. It has both the early models, and late models listed seperately.

ok nismo ones:

post-3621-1134687856.jpg

post-3621-1134687980.jpg

and cowie, it's probably just aftermarket tweeters. some of the cars they used as examples had a few little add-ons. like the volk rims, etc etc. but all the info is there :D

from what i've been able to learn about the nismo models is there were pretty much like a dealer special we have here. they had no abs, no rear wiper, had the full body kit (bonnet lip, side skirts, rear boot lip), nismo spot lights. but they had standard brakes, standard clutch, standard sus (i think). I'm not positive on whether or not they had different turbos, but if they did i would say they would be pretty close to standard, just with steel wheels. also as with most of these 'special' models you could ask for options when you bought it so you could see nismo gtrs with rear wiper etc, possibly even with ABS which confuses things a little. the best way is to just go off the chassis number.

With my scratchy Japanese...

Differences between the Nismo and standard...

Intercooler setup??

Intake setup with vents in front bar

No cross-drilled brake rotors

No ABS or Air con

No rear wiper

Side skirts are different

No audio

Nismo sticker!

Lip on end of bonnet just near grille

Lip under the rear wing

Limited run of 500 units, build dates 22 Feb 90 - 11 March 90, BNR32-100001-1000560, all gun metal grey.

Hope this helps!

Edited by vrfour

sorry i've been to busy to get the new scans up. I'm not sure which one i got these articles out of. I have a few at home. one is the history of nismo 50th aniversary book, another is just called 32 GTR i think. actually i think they came out of the second one as the nismo book is mostly about race cars, racing history etc.