SAU Community

Subs And Amps?

skyline[32]

yeah kickers are good for noisemaking but not reallly for the quality.....

try listening some rather slow pop songs..I personally feels it's as tho the base thump at different timing to the song...not flowing nicely together...

but for loudenes...:D

sound system does depend on the type of music you listening to......

Edited by SKY 34

What brand of 6" splits give you good sound and just the slightest bass, as i have 2 subs giving out nothing but bass and if i was to have the music pumping, my speakers tend to distort because of the bass from the speakers or so i have been told.

when i went shopping with my friend for his sound system he was set on getting Pioneer, i thought tht was a good idea too, respectable decent quality brand. We went to the shop and listend to the pioneer speakers and the clerk suggested we hear some fusion ones aswell seeing as they were on sale. I wasnt familiar with the brand so thought they were gunna be cheap and crappy ones. Shit was i wrong lol. They beat the pioneer speakers in clarity, depth of sound, pure volume and had wayyyy more bass. They werent that much more expensive but i would never even look at pioneer again. Fusion all the way for me ( on spoeakers anyway, head units are a different matter :D )

• 1 month later...
lol..no matter the price...get Da Vinchi soundstream....I haven't seen one in an actual car...

You get no respect from me...

i use cadence 7x5s with 6.5" in the rear 2 jbl 10" subs and a pioneer monoblock amp all running from a cheapo ebay dvd player and my boot mounted xbox with wireless remotes sounds very sharp

YOU on the other hand, get plenty... :D

• 1 month later...

I have an Alpine 9855 i think it is. The head unit with the full graphics display and 'glide

touch'. A bit hard to see on a glary day though :P . other than that i only have an MTX thunder 1004

that powers my Alpine 12" Type-R. Did have two but thats way too much weight in the boot

for me. So getting the whole boot customed soon.

Oh the other Type-R is up for sale too if anyone is interested.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.
    • No, 260RS/4wd stagea is 33 GTR/GTS4 double wishbone all round, not struts. The 2wd cars are confusingly strut front. At there rear there is one balljoint at the outer end of the lower control arm. If you have HICAS (my Stagea doesn't, but I think 260RS did, there will be a balljoint of sorts where the HICAS arm attaches to the rear of the hub At the front, there are ball joints either end of the lower control arm, plus the tie rod end for the steering arm