SAU Community

Subs And Amps?

skyline[32]

I'm looking to get a system for a Gts-t 32 but having a bit of trouble picking the right brand. I've sort of cut it down to Alpine, Soundstream, Fusion or JBL. Can anyone recommend something thats got performance? no matter the price.

Thanks.

hmm, i can reccomend these brands from hearing them, have fun with the sub box in the boot :D be interested to see how you go about the boot install, i've found it a bit of a squeeze...

- DD (if your after SPL and no matter about price :D)

- cerwin vega

- fusion

- JL

- pioneer comp ones

- high end rockford forsgate

more SQ style...

- Eclipse

- boston acoustics

hmm. so many to choose from...i took the fusion approach myself...

as for sub amps, jaycar is good value for money...havent really tried any others...

i would say you should forget about what brand to focus on for the moment as you haven't said whether you prefer the sound of 10s 12s 15s 18s

also what type of music you listen to whether you prefer one sub or two what type of box you are planning to run how much power you are going to put in and how much you intend to spend on an amp

hehe i had was soo close to fitting, if only the rear windscreen wiper motor diddnt sit so low it would have fitted :S depends if u like ur boot space or not i guess :blink: hehe

6" splits in the front doors, rear fill is upto you if u want it, im only running 6" front splits and sub at the moment, gonna put another set of splits in later, and as for 6x9s...no thanks, not for me, go to an autobarn store or similar and listen to the difference...

oh and as for brands of splits, depends on the budget, i like MTX, kenwood are good, fusion, peerless are really nice but bit too expensive for my budget :O, focal...but best bet is to take music u like to a store and sound test them as it comes down to personal preference...

head units, i like Alpine, JVC is good, as is kenwood & pioneer...depends on the features u want

I have a Pioneer Headunit, Pioneer 260w Kevlar Splits in front, Pioneer 6" 260w 4 way coaxials in the rear, and a Pioneer 12" 1000w sub with an 800w Monoblock amp. Sounds fantastic, never had a problem with it

My setup

-Alpine IVA-D310 headunit (has remote multimedia unti that i have placed in the boot for all rca leads etc.)

-Alpine MRD 060 monoblock amp for subs

-Rockford Fosgate P1 12" subs (2 of)

-Kenwood 6" splits up front (un known wat type they r as they came with the car)

Thats it at the moment, subs are mounted in the corners of my boot in my 33, i will take a few pictures of them this arvo for you.

I am also getting a set of Focal 165 K2P splits for the front as i went and listened to them last week and :) they sound soo schmick! Also a set of 6" Focal 165 KP for the rear and an Audison Lrx 2.250 amp for the splits and rear speakers :)

I went for sound quality so i got all the good quality cabling i could get, cost me but its well worth it :)

P.S. dont let the cops see you with ur dvd/tv/headunit screen on as its a $60 fine, believe me i know :)

Ive got a 12 inch L7 Kicker Solo Baric running off a 460rms mono block kicker amp and also running kicker 4x6 in the front doors and kenwood 6 inch 3 ways in the rear, running off a 4 channell schnieder amp and i tel ya it blows!

The solo Barics dont need much box space so they are ideal for the small boot of the 32

i use cadence 7x5s with 6.5" in the rear 2 jbl 10" subs and a pioneer monoblock amp all running from a cheapo ebay dvd player and my boot mounted xbox with wireless remotes sounds very sharp

my friend just got a whole system setup but hasnt been put in yet. He got two 12" JL subs, Pioneer 6.5" Pro series Splits, JL monoblock amp, JL 4 channel amp, Pioneer Deck. The guy at the shop told him it was a top range system that he got. What do uz reckon?