Rb20 - Greddy Td06-20g 8cm

Waldo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats where it gets expensive. You cant really run the external gate housing unless you are willign to buy a greddy manifold and gate, which soon gets expensive.

Have you spoken to your mechanic/tuner? What do they think of the exhaust housing setup? An easier solution may be to cut out the centre section of the flanged face and drill and tap some new holes around the perimeter, then get a custom dump pipe made up...thinking about it that probably the better option

i am my own mechanic....and part tuner lol...i do everything almost myself with a little help from a mate with a dyno...yeah i was just looking at the rear housing maybe i could cut out a nice round section off the housing where the flange bolts onto. and on the dump pipe weld a plate the same shape as the peice cut off....so when you bolt the dump pipe on it blocks off the section to the wastegate creating a smooth flow....really it will just work like a housing with external gate....but then drill out that welded plate over the wastegate and just simply weld a screamer pipe off the back of the housing.....this should stop the flow out of the exhuast wheel getting interupted by square edges...while the wastegate can still let the vented air out of the housing via the screamer pipe......this might sound a bit confusing in words...

Yeh, id be inclined to cut out the entire centre section and just drill and tap a few extra botl holes over the wastegate sid eof things ...then have a nice big 3.5-4" Dump pipe.

If your little partition leaks a bit of air, then the screamer pipe can sound a bit ordinary/ ie Leaks

Be interesting to see how you go Waldo. I have a similar set up on my R32 GTS-t and i find it has the best of both worlds.

Like Roy's car mine is a daily driver as well and is very comfortable on the open road and is never harsh in traffic at all (all be it from the clutch :huh: )

and on the track i couldn't think of a better turbo that suits my needs (club/track days, motokarnha's and hill climbs and drift) as i dont change a single thing with set up except for tyres and some fuel.

The car is about to have a bit of a face lift due to some dodgy fuel that was acquired last week but hope to have it back on the road soon and will post up the new dyno sheets.

Look forward to seeing the numbers you get out of it and i dont htink you will be disappionted with the turbo at all, but like Roy has already mentioned i would do away with in the internal gate set up and go external. You will probably find in the long run with initional set up costs and if anything goes wrong or for modifications later on it will be a cheaper option???

Cheers B

anyways i got a quote from greddy....and for a new external gated exhaust housing they wanted $785 so i think im just gunna stick with the internal gate and dont bother modding the rear housing...obviously greddy/trust no more than us or they wouldnt be in business. i was looking at it and the exhaust wheel looks good...because it doesnt have overlap in the blades so hopefully that gives it sum strong top end power...and also when i was opening the wastegate with my fingers....the flap actualli sits on an angle when opened so that the exhuast coming outta it flows straight out into the turbine area.

mate that is one nasty looking turbo. there are so many things wrong with that turbine housing and wastegate set-up. I hope you got it very cheaply. also i would advise against the screamer pipe on an internal wastegate turbo. all the ones i have heard sounded like shit.