SAU Community

Clutch Problem Plz Help

whiteknight

hey guys, ive got a r33 gtst with 200rwkw. ive put a xtreme 9 puk cushioned ceramic clutch in less than a month ago and ive just been kind of taking it easy for the first couple of weeks and today ( a pretty hot day 35+ degrees could have something to do with it but still shouldnt happen) i gave a bit of a squirt and the revs flew up and the car didnt move.

I also notice that the catching point on the clutch was abit higher than normal, i thought this was unusual but just tried to get used to it. is it normal for it to be a bit high?

any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have the extreeme 9 puk and its handing 312rwkw with 3.0L torque, so it should handle 200rwkw easy as.

Try checking your pedal adjustment , sounds like the pedal is adjusted too far and pushing on the slave without your foot on it.

7yphon - when does yours make a noise? i can hear a sound when the car is still and i engage and disengage the clutch but i think thats about it.

wrxhoon - there is very little free play compared to my old clutch and other cars ive driven. its funny i think the clutch is more vulnerable to slip when the weather is hotter, i drove it 2 minutes ago and the temperature is much lower than before and its not slipping the way it was before.

thanks heaps for the help fellas. would it be hard for me to adjust it myself?

I'd take it back and ask...no demand a new clutch be fitted and adjusted correctly. Reason being if it's been slipping (due to a poor install/adjustment) it's now worn more than it should be under normal operation and I wouldn't find that acceptable nor should you.

• 1 month later...