SAU Community

4, 6 & Rotary Cruise ????

Nightcrawler

Does anyone know where it leaves from and at what time? I went last year and whilst the cruise was short, the cars at Ingle Farm were awesome, including NSXs, Supras and lotsa big chickens.

Hope everyone is coming along - it will be well worth the trip!

I'm going - who else is coming? .... we should arrange to meet at say the Western boundary of wherever the meet is so we can find each other!

G'day everyone.

The Nationals cruise meets at 6.30pm at Ingle farm again.

It leaves at 7.30 sharp so will have an hour to check out the cars.

Last year it ended up at the drags but not sure this time.

I wont be having a late one 'cause racers have to be out there at 8am!There are 135 entered according to Dennis.

See u there.

i saw that smash just after. that poor guy we saw he'd been busted up big time. does anyone know how he is ?we could hear him yelling his back was hurting. we only caught the end of the cruise . it was awesome what we saw specially comin over for drag meet and seeing that as well .we flew over from W Aust.

we had to drive threw that intersection to get home... or try to

the driver came up to my car.. i sed what happened... he managed to stammer out i hit him at 150km/hr

thats with 100m+ of skid marks

im with the VL heros comment

this fella 'did' have a fast car or so he thought

I knew both people involved.

the Vl that smashed into the R32 was a 12 sec Vl.. he is in SOO much trouble. Cant go into too much detail.

He hit my friend in the R32, he has a few injuries, including 4 broken ribs. But his car is a write off.

Bloody indiot. Can you imagine what the cops are going to do to the cruising and modified car scene now?

I probably shouldn't be asking these question here, but I will anyway......

Is there any truth to the rumours that the driver/owner of the VL Commodore involved was unlicenced? And that the car had an outstanding defect notice?

If the answer is yes to either or both of these, very very stupid move :D

"Most" of us do some crazy things behind the wheel from time to time but to do so unlicenced & under a defect.....WTF!? The judge will NOT be kind!

If the rumours are false, I'll delete this ASAP.

Most importantly, I hope all involved make a full recovery.

You are correct.

you can add uninsured to that list for the Vl driver.

My mate Paul in the R32 has to take the fool to Court for compensation and to cover the cost of his R32. Court takes aggggggges ( I work for a law firm). I feel sorry for Paul. I really do. Why should he suffer cos some dick has the brain cell capacity of a gold fish.

my 2c.

And the annoying thing is too that the vl driver will appeal to the Court that he can't afford to pay for the damage and will get to pay the guy with the R32 back in installments - like $5 per week.

He'll never see the money in one lump sum which sucks!!

I work for a law firm too and totally agree with Cheeky, the courts will take their sweet time!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be :D

Unlicenced. Carrying an existing defect. Uninsured. Go as a passenger in a mate's car, but for @#$! sake whatever you do, don't get behind the wheel & then drive like an idiot!

HOPEFULLY Paul (R32 owner) has insurance? If so his insurance company will process the claim & he'll receive a pay out within a matter of wks. The fact that Paul has the name of the driver responsible "should" place the "at fault" squarely on the VL driver!? In other words no loss of no-claim rating. This will depend on the insurance company however.

I had a guy crash my '91 MR2 I was in the process of selling about 5yrs ago (on the test drive with me in the passenger seat!) He didn't have a car at the time, & therefore no insurance. I claimed it on my policy (16k+ repair bill) & because I had the guys details & police report I was able to prove it wasn't "my" fault - no loss of no-claim bonus (I didn't have rating protection either).

As I said above, hopefully Paul has insurance!? That way he can move on quickly & his insurance company can do what he pays them to. If he doesn't have insurance....... it becomes a pretty good example of why you NEED to have it regardless of how careful YOU might be!

Climbing off my soapbox now sm_soapbox.gif

I heard on the same cruise a dude in a supra had a head on with a excel just as you enter the hills on nth east road (right near my house)? any one see this?

Image the next time cops see late model cars cruising

these dudes have not done anyone favours by crashing on a big oragnized cruise

Maybe its a good thing i was away, i dont think i will be going on big cruises anymore.

Next time we want to go for a cruise together we should just PM everyone and keep it small with people we know otherwise every one decides to come out and attract attention.