SAU Community

Cruise 4 A Cause For Kids

NismoKnight

Hey all again. Yes it is from Boost Cruising but hey its for a great cause. If anyone is interested, click on link below:

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....287835&st=0

Copy of the original post from BC:

Hi guys,

as most of you know i ran a cruise for a cause last year to raise money for the cancer foundation as 2 people close to me had family members suffer.

This time i wanted to raise money for something a bit different, the Mater Childrens hospital

as they helped me through some health issues i had when i was younger, i lost the ablity to walk when i was in year 6 and they did all sorts to help me through it.

i personally feel that the money raised would be well deserved by the Mater Childrens hospital.

for any information visit www.mater.com.au

^ this roughly explains what they are all about.

basically because the health system does not have enough money for these kids, they are being put in old folks homes, now this fou

Fndation has raised enough money to open their own hospital like facilitys etc,

as for ideas where to cruise i am up for suggestions, last year we went to hinze dam from aspley mc donalds, with stops at springwood and yatala.

AS for the details of the cruise

date - im thinking saturday MAY the 18th WHICH IS A SUNDAY!!!! (THIS IS NEXT MONTH)

Location - the end location is toowoomba picnic point.

The cruise will be mainly on the warrego Highway, But it has plenty of catch up spots on the sides of the motorways, its 2 lanes, sometimes it can be a bit bumpy, but other than that was a pretty decent drive out!

so for meet up points ,

Krikket will be organising the northside meet as below V

NORTHLAKES SHOPPING CENTER at the back near the truck section for coles/woolies, (whichever it is there) for NE.com. if anyone from here wants to meet there with us, just look for the maroon NX that looks like a retarded shopping trolley, with kit and chrome rims. there should be a gold pulsar with us too, newer model.

we will be there about 7:45am till about 8:10am. just incase there are stragglers from either group smile.gif

hope this helps. its just off the highway heading citybound

we will have springwood super amart (this is the old ikea parking) car park- 9am meet up for 9.30 leave

From springwood we will head to gateway, towards ipswich, and the next stop off point will be either goodna maccas or redbank shopping centre, this will be decided when we have a more firm number of people attending, due to car park issues, but i am leaning more towards goodna maccas purely because it is easy to get on and off motorway.

This will take approx = 38 minutes, so if we left at 10, were looking at 10:40,

we will only spend 10 minutes here, in that time you can refuel, toilet stop etc, but remember its only a very quick stop, more of a catch up point than anything.

From either Goodna maccas or redbank shopping centre, we will then head to gatton (if anyone has any better ideas for a stop off let me know thanks)

once again a very quick stop off,

as it would be around midday by this point.

and then from then on its off to picnic point in toowoomba biggrin.gif

FOR OTHER MEET UPS,

Yatala BP- 8.30 meet for 8.45 leave (should take roughly 15 - 20 mins to get to springwood)

as for north siders, does someone want to suggest a meet up point?

maybe aspley maccas, i am just thinking its a bit far away is all.

TO BRING :

stuff for a bbq

FULL tank of fuel

UHF radio

gold coin donation

good attitudes etc

MONEY FOR TOLL

Cruise Photographer - zeeute, so look out for him

and if anyone is able to get stickers done?? pm me

I have sent off an email to foundation to see if i can get reciept books for any donations, and im thinking of a gold coin donation from everyone???

NO SPAMMING K THXS

FEEL FREE TO POST ANY FURTHER SUGGESTIONS biggrin.gif

IF FOR ANY REASON YOU WANT TO EMAIL ME OR ADD ME TO MSN TO DISCUSS DETAILS FEEL FREE biggrin.gif , [email protected]

To Col Marc & Zac

Thx for your help with this.

Yeah i'm a defenite like Garrysandy. Thought us Gold Coasters meet at Maccas Nerang between 7.30 to 8.00 to be at Yatala BP meet at 8.30am, so anyone from GC going be at Maccas no later than 8 as we will be leaving right on 8.

Cheers

Nismoknight. :P

Posted that Adrian n myself will go...So shall be seeing u at springwood :P

Hi Socko

Me & couple of others will see you @ Springwood then. Look out for me, garrysandy & at least another one. :P

Cheers ;)