SAU Community

R34 Gtr What Oil To Use? Help To Complete The Form:)

Nosure

there are not much info about gtr34, most are 32 33. please give some suggestion.

I want do a fully oil change of my car. thanks!

ENGINE OIL: Royal purple 10w40

TRANSMISSON OIL: TRANSMAX Z

transfer case: TRANSMAX Z

FRONT DIFF(cusco 1.5 way lsd):

REAR DIFF:

ATTESA E-TS: ATF

power steering: ATF

brake : motul 600

thanks again

I think the diff and transmission oil are the same. Go to autobarn and look at the catalogue. They should have a list. Sorry not much help here.

i think the gtr34 use atf oil in transmission.

i have no idea what oil i should use in front and rear diff. 75w90?? 75w140??

Toyota 160V fluid is what you want to run in a 6 speed Getrag box.

A car that will see the track, I would put 80w140 in both front and rear (make sure to get a LSD oils for both your cusco LSD and rear factory LSD).

Daily driver, then maybe 75w90 or 80w90 or 85w90 will be fine (what Nissan specifies)

As for transfer case, it's best to use the Genuine Nissan Matic D fluid.. the clutch packs are expensive to replace to risk using non-genuine fluid.

Toyota 160V fluid is what you want to run in a 6 speed Getrag box.

A car that will see the track, I would put 80w140 in both front and rear (make sure to get a LSD oils for both your cusco LSD and rear factory LSD).

Daily driver, then maybe 75w90 or 80w90 or 85w90 will be fine (what Nissan specifies)

As for transfer case, it's best to use the Genuine Nissan Matic D fluid.. the clutch packs are expensive to replace to risk using non-genuine fluid.

thanks mate, i think i should put some castrol saf-xa in front and rear. what about if its a standard front diff? same oil as the rear diff??

Can put LSD oil in standard diffs, no issue there. SAF-XA is suitable for your front and rear diffs, whether lsd or not. I used Redline Lightweight Shockproof (80w140) in my R32 GTR's factory front diff (gearbox as well but don't put shockproof in a getrag box) and Redline 75w90 (couldn't find the non-shockproof 80w140 cheap) in the rear factory lsd (don't use shockproof in LSDs)

Can put LSD oil in standard diffs, no issue there. SAF-XA is suitable for your front and rear diffs, whether lsd or not. I used Redline Lightweight Shockproof (80w140) in my R32 GTR's factory front diff (gearbox as well but don't put shockproof in a getrag box) and Redline 75w90 (couldn't find the non-shockproof 80w140 cheap) in the rear factory lsd (don't use shockproof in LSDs)

but 34gtr got "A-lsd" in front?? so the saf-xa still good??

and you have any idea how many L in front and rear diff?

thank you very much! :thumbsup:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...r+rear+diff+lsd

why don't use heavier than 75w-90 in the R34 GTR diff?? so the castrol SAF-XA not good for 34gtrvspec?? someone please give me a right answer. thanks

and does the 34gtr got a LSD in rear diff?? if it does how come i spin one wheel and the other wheel turn opposite (car on hoist)

i also found when i spin the rear left wheel, sometime the rear right wheel doesn't move. but if in gear. two wheel always move together(opposite direction) does that mean the rear diff has a problem?? anyone can confirm it please???