SAU Community

Evo 10 350mm Brake Adapter Nm35?

stripey

delete if already been covered search reveals nothing

Alpha Omega Racing have an interesting product on the market.

Evo 350mm Brembo brake adapters for R32/R33/R34/Z32 and Z33

these use either Evo 5/6/7/8/9 calipers and Evo 10 Rotors

from what i understand R32 Gtr brembos are a straight swap onto an nm35 stagea

and they show this kit on an R32 Gtr and they say there was no modification apart from the adapter being fitted.

reason for Evo calipers is that they are of newer design easier to come across and cheaper than most nissan brembo brakes

evo350c-800x600_zps5dnierfd.jpg

cost of adapter is $370

Evo Calipers ( used ) $850

Evo 10 350mm Rotors $290

so $1510 for kit

add $200 if you want the calipers rebuilt and a further $250 if you want them powdercoated any colour you want

price starts to add up but you can find the evo calipers cheaper second hand on gumtree and ebay than their price

http://alphaomegaracing.com/p/50/c/73/Z33/ALPHA-OMEGA/Evo-350mm-Brembo-Brakes-Adapter-Kit-Version-2.html

you would be better off asking for r34 sizes rather then 32. the 32 has different size bolt holes and require sleaves to be used. the R34 is a true bolt.

for direct bolt on the r34 gtt brakes are the best cheap option these days

Edited by Brick
  • Like 1

See this is the brilliance of the free market; Ben C34 will use his obvious entrepreneurial skills to demonstrate how he can provide the same or better product at a competitive price.

Some people will take him up on this offer, which will stimulate AOR to innovate and develop an even better (lower cost and/or more features) product which will drive new business.

Some customers will stay with AOR due to factors such as after sales service, the promise of future R&D, brand loyalty or that simply they really like what they have bought.

At the end of the day, the consumer is the winner.

I am an AOR customer but I don't have a problem with this discussion as people thinking that they can do better than the other guy is one of the key factors behind economic growth and an increase in wealth.

Now, on to more important matters; when are the rear kits going to be available?

Or what will happen is he will lose more and more business because people simply rip off an idea that they put no R&D into. Potentially causing the original producer of the product to go under.

You think that someone ripping off a product and selling it cheaper is good but you obviously only have one dimensional vision. What happens if someone like AOR goes out of business and there is no longer anyone willing to put the R&D into making aftermarket products like this brake kit. You think that your buddies that make rip offs of someone else's idea are going to make new products?

No way, they re just interested in making a quick buck.

I'd rather just not be a tight ass and support a business that's doing the hard work

If you want a rear kit look on the website or send an email. It takes 2min

Fair point.

I'm not actually going to bother making these.

I was shocked at the price, I mean really, they aren't big, nothing moves etc.

I get it that there is an R and d factor, but having made a reasonable amount of adaptors myself I can tell you it is very easy to take the measurements and make them.

No excuse but I did have a few beers on me when I posted previously!

• Like 1