SAU Community

Stagea 260rs Autech Haltech Upgrade

TMLP

So I obviously gave up on the MINE'S ECU & have started down the Haltech route.

Here is a link to the start of the install & pics of the parts I chose from reading this forum & from member suggestions...

Including

RACEWORKS 725cc injectors

Haltech Platinum Pro plug and play

Boost solenoid

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Adjustable cam gears OS GIKEN

Tomei PonCam ProCam upgraded cam shafts

in 260 9.15

out 260 9.15

Rocker cover gasket kit

Autech catch can

Air intake mod

100k service kit including Timing belt

Water pump

ITS DYNO TIME...

So will be about this weeks progress & the outcome.

• Like 1

Well all done & I'm more than happy from 164KW to 297KW atw

On Dyno

DYNO graph

And as a bonus it has a great lumpy idle with the new cams

Idle

During the process Jezz found not one but three exhaust restrictors one before the CAT & both mufflers

Restrictors

Cant wait to pick her up...

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Yu can get badges made? I would like a badge to go on the front grill on the space left for the Autech Version badge as it's the only spot that looks like something is missing. Any thought or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Well been driving the car for 2 weeks now & it is a different beast, it is pure driving pleasure the power the sound it's fantastic.

I can't recommend DVS TUNING in Somersby enough, Jezz knows the RB's inside out and is a whiz on Haltech ecu's

He stuck to the quote & it was done on time. I'll be back when it's time to build a second monter motor to drop in the Stagea.

I've done a few more small mod & tidy up jobs since the tune...

Replaced the soft rubber seal around the air intake that seals against the bonnet.

Removed tidied up & spay painted the acoustic dampener under the bonnet with matt black calliper paint.

Added a huge deep cycle second battery in the back with a 800watt inverter with a RedArc smart controller system for charging camera, gimble, & drone batteries between jobs.

And I'm in the process of ordering Project Mu NS4000 brake pares front & rear as the one that the car came with must be track pads. I can't even get the abs to trigger no matter what when the are at normal temp & they have left hot spot deposits on the Nismo rotors I'll have to get skimmed off.

Well all done & I'm more than happy from 164KW to 297KW atw

And as a bonus it has a great lumpy idle with the new cams

During the process Jezz found not one but three exhaust restrictors one before the CAT & both mufflers

Cant wait to pick her up...

Jezz worked out that with every exhaust restrictor he removed I gained about 25KW so all up about 75KW AWESOME!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/07/2016 at 7:23 PM, flavzz said:

Great result mate, very clean looking 260. Any plans to take it to the track/strip?

Not at the moment it is just too pristine of a specimen to bash around its like driving a brand new car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Project Mu pads fitted & make a huge difference & no dust much better braking but still needs attention maybe the rotors skimmed & the system bleed with fresh dot5 fluid. I also found a genuine instrument cluster from Montreal Canada that has turned up so my tachometer reads correctly. I'll be fitting that this week with a fresh set of super white led globes. Awesome find, now I won't have the blacked out auto trans lights.

I found a genuine front grille Autech Version badge. Looks great but expensive but it was a blank area that looked like it needed a badge. I also added some cheap nismo badges front and rear as sacrificial offerings to keep the idiots away from the genuine ones.