SAU Community

G'day From The Sw

fordman351

Hey guys, the names Matt, im nearly 21 and i reside in Bunbury WA :( .

Since i have met a few people who own Skylines and 180's around bunbury, im really getting into the jap car scene and have been converted. I have been blind to how Skylines are so modifiable and the massive ammount of aftermarket gear available :mellow: . I currently own a 1997 EL Ford Fairmont and it is time for a change (please dont flame me for owning a Ford, im not closed minded like alot of Ford and Holden people around). I have been cruising the backstreets of this forum for a while keeping out the way so i thought i'd let myself be known.

I have been a member of another well know Ford forum for a few years now so i know how the forums work and i will make the 'search' button my friend and will try not to post up any useless threads.

At the moment my Fairmont is sort of up for sale and im looking around for a manual R32 GTSt for the right price (any tips you can throw my way for buying a used Skyline would be kool). Anyway, enough dribble, im off to do my research and if anyone here is from Bunbury look out for me, wave me down and have a chat!

Cheers-Matt

post-25607-1136807526.jpg

post-25607-1136808101.jpg

post-25607-1136808610.jpg

Edited by fordman351

Welcome to the forums, I don't think you will be flamed for having a Ford. There are a couple of members in Bunbury, maybe you have seen them around. I might head down there in a few weeks for the hell of it when I'm on holidays, if I see you I might gate yo... I mean give you a wave. :blink:

There is a good thread to be seen for buying a second hand line, read it & it's a great head start. I just looked but couldn't find it, but if I manage to I'll put the link up.

What's your budget for a new car??

Haha thanks, im sure you will :P ! Ill have a search around for that thread you were talking about. I have an idea what id like to spend...from searching around places like imports101, they have 1990 R32's for $14K. But then it all depends on what i can get for my Fairmont too. Id like to keep the changeover minimal... :blink:

Edited by fordman351

Im from Bunno :rofl:

might of seen my daily drivers around , 1200 ute with DISTRBD plates n skyline wagon with NORTY 1 plates

My new daily driver is a hr31 4 door , dark blue with white rims

Hey fordman351, welcome to the forum.. You couldnt have found a better place to top up your knowledge on Nissan cars!

Ford!! What the.. LOL just joking mate.. Most people on these forums are level headed good old fashion people.. feel free to jump on the WhoretownV3 thread and say hello! Funny thread name I know.. But hey it does the job!

- Adam

Gee thanks for the welcomes guys.

Dsturbd, thanks for pointing out about the wheels. The offsets are different though yay? Also i think you work across the road from me (wont go into detail), i saw your '31 parked up there.... :D

...from searching around places like imports101, they have 1990 R32's for $14K.. :D

They are priced that low for a reason, don't spend less than $20k on an R32 GTR unless you have the time for some maintenace (as low as $14K, EXPECT a rebuild), after the 8+ weeks of waiting, before you get it on the road over here... :O. Ask an import for GRADE 4 or higher only

Sell the bunky and get a skyline quick :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Hey fordman351, welcome to the forum.. You couldnt have found a better place to top up your knowledge on Nissan cars!

Ford!! What the.. LOL just joking mate.. Most people on these forums are level headed good old fashion people.. feel free to jump on the WhoretownV3 thread and say hello! Funny thread name I know.. But hey it does the job!

- Adam

hey! ive got 3 fords and a nissan! :D