SAU Community

Idle Problem

N13Astra

R33 SII 96 Turbo Manual.

THe problem is that when the car is idling, it will start to rev down to 500-700rpm and recover, and then start over again and so on. It stops after a few secs but starts over again.

What could be the cause?

have u tried factory ecu reset?

no bov will make it surge on gearchange and reduce the life of the turbocharger

not quite sure what factory ecu reset, but have disconnected the battery and pressed on brake pedal for 2 mins, people say that helps but didnt do much for me... it also comes and goes, sometimes it's ok, sometimes just stalls when slowing down to the traffic lights or when parking...

hey guys, just thought let you know, i went down to get my car checked out by some professionals this morning... the guy connected the computer to my car and a few minutes later he told me that my car was running rich and my O2 sensor was stuffed. getting it done on wednesday morning - $250 :P the guy told me that the probability that this is the problem is very high, so i am hoping this will fix it... will keep you updated...

Thanks for the info guys. I've been searching around and seems to be the AFM. One other thing i should say is if i open the oil cap while the car is idling, the idle drops quite a bit and the car sounds like its going to stall? Vacuum problem maybe?