Cheap Oil Filters At Supercheap Auto

damono

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude the stock oil is 10w40 and thats what the magna tech is and if you read my post I said im looking for another oil im not going to be going 5w50 as I dont want to glase my engine becuase I dont really run it that hard ATM she sitting in a shed becuase I dont have aircon and f**k its hot right now, For coolent I use Toyota red the best stuff around cost me like $60 but loads of good things about it. Also Rico filters arnt that cheap I said I like to look around.

Dude the stock oil is 10w40 and thats what the magna tech is and if you read my post I said im looking for another oil im not going to be going 5w50 as I dont want to glase my engine becuase I dont really run it that hard ATM she sitting in a shed becuase I dont have aircon and f**k its hot right now, For coolent I use Toyota red the best stuff around cost me like $60 but loads of good things about it. Also Rico filters arnt that cheap I said I like to look around.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does the oil viscosity relate to the likelihood of glazing your cylinders bores?

Lamons: the more range in the 2 numbers (ie 5W/50) the better it is at cold starts and in hotter conditions.

I suspect he may have gotten some bad advice. By all mean use a mineral oil to run the motor in, but once that is over there is no reason not to use a fully synthetic oil, especially on a turbo motor. :D

vicosity is not the only thing to consider. Black and gold brand oil comes in 10w-40 too.

manufacturer spec for nissan oil.

Nissan oil reccomendation is ACEA standard - B4

Magnatec only conforms to ACEA -A3 and B3

Magnatec = wrong.

Wrong = wear.

wear = broken

broken = $$$$

Puts hand up

ok just bought the car...

no idea about any of this... dad is a old skool mechanic (has a chev le mans and 46sidestep pickup hot rod)

will be doing all the basics

whats good whats not

Well this is an oil related thread so I'll say this...

Stick to a Nissan brand filter ($9.15)

Oil...your prefereance, general rule choose something fully synthetic and $50+ for 5L

Use some sort of anti-freeze in the radiator ($???)

Sheesh I said im not going to be using Magnatech oil any more I know its crap

Also what I was ment to say is any oil with Ash in it will glase your engine have seen it done to a 4wd car.

Sheesh I said im not going to be using Magnatech oil any more I know its crap

Also what I was ment to say is any oil with Ash in it will glase your engine have seen it done to a 4wd car.

Dude.

Tell me what oil has 'ash' as an additive?

The 'ash' in the 4wd oil is due to diesel combustion. Diesel oils are designed however to cope with suspended ash (part of the combustion by product) and diesel oil filters do the rest. Diesel oil is almost always black as soot even after new oil has only been run for a few kms.

As you mention not running a 5w-50 oil (mobil 1?) for this reason I can only say someone has not properly explained oil to you and confused you quite alot. Hey it happens all the time.