SAU Community

Red Warning Light ?

• 2 weeks later...
yeah HICAS comes up on my r33 aswell. Ive got a different steering wheel on the car aswell. So when hicas pops up is that a bad thing?

My HICAS light is coming on intermittently, usually when I'm really turning the wheel. Generally stays off until there is a big turn, then stays on till the car is turned off.

General consensus is that it's low power steering fluid or a leak. Could it be anything else as its only coming on sometimes - then staying on, but fluid looks fine and can't see any noticable leaks...?

It's most likely an intermitent sensor problem. I had the same problem on my 240 and there's nothing to worry about. All it means is when the light is off, it's working and when it's on it's not. You can either fix it or just leave it as those are your only two choices.

Now if you gone with an aftermarket steering wheel/hub combo and did'nt get the HICAS hub, well then unless there's something else that is your problem.

When it's not working the HICAS system locks up straight so don't worry about it. ;) I pulled the fuse to the system on the 240 and never had any problems with it.

• 3 weeks later...

My Hicas light came on when i was going down the freeway for the first time. I pulled over and turned off the car then turned it back on and it went off....

I do have an after market steering wheel but it came fitted when i bought the car so i dont really know if its a hicas boss kit or not. Is there anyway to tell for sure?

Mine came on for no reason whatsoever and has stayed on since for several weeks now. I took it to Mercury Motorsports and told them about it but they had no idea how to fix it.

The car feels no different so for now I'll just leave it as is. Most likely just a sensor as my fluids are fine.