SAU Community

Disturbing noise from engine

Mick

Hmmm it seems that I have aquired a very disturbing noise on the left side of my engine. Its especialy noticable on a cold start or when the car has been turned off for a while. Well how do i describe it ........ well its like a knock noise that is quite loudish and starts off about 6 seconds apart and then gradualy increases to 8 seconds and so on ... I notice the noise is louder when i rev the car hard and then back off ... its almost like there is a knock as soon as the turbo winds down, so im a little suss about the turbo ....

I aquired the noise eva since my car detonated at about 240, im not 100% sure but at the time i think the boost spiked and the pressure in the lines ended blowing the hose from plenum to the fuel regulator off causing the car to run lean while doing 240, and melted 2 brand new platnum plugs and left me with this disturbing noise ...

So after giving yo all a run down of my problem, does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the knock noise ??

does it go away after a while?

ive got the same thing on a cold start. mines a blown exhaust manifold gasket which i should fix soon...

if its that then nothing to worry too much about. gasket costs $80-$90 and a good afternoon pulling everything off

other things it could be are lifters which can be helped by using certin types of oil but inevitably will require the head to be rebuilt.

or it could be a valve as mentioned. go to a mechanic and let someone listen to it in person. its hard to diagnose these thigns over the interent