SAU Community

R32 - "skyline" Light Up Panel.

Jenius

Hey just curious but I noticed my R32 where the Skyline word is normally embossed on the back of the car. I've got this extra panel on top of it where the words are backed by a silver transparent material.

after some browsing online I found that it was an optional light up panel which glowed a lowlit green at night when the lights were on.

I know its normally disconnected during compliance but I'm just wondering if anybody has managed to get there's working again and whether it looks good. also wondering if its easy to reconnect?

I just know that green may look a little retarded so I'm just also wondering if anyone has managed to change the colour at all?

I got the factory option light up panel on mine... but the EL wasn't working, so I pulled it apart, put some LED's in it, wired up a controller... and I got...

panel1.jpg

panel2.jpg

lit_up_arse.gif

normally the whole thing lights up when braking, but I can choose to make it do the knightrider thing.

i saw a 32 with it in the city...it had blue neons , led's watever behind it and it looked wicked i want it on mine how do u tell if its an option? look under the boot lining? :P

its a seperate panel that sits on top of the rear bumper (urathane'd on usually). If you have a stock bumper only then the word skyline will be embossed into it. If you have a light up panel it'll be clear with a silver mirror backing behind it (not embossed).

You'll know it if you have it :P