SAU Community

Unknown Module R33x2 Sorry Hijacked Your Name

nathn_r33

It has a branding on it. "Calsonic".

They make air conditioning bits and so on...

Do you have an active diff? We just discovered another box under the parcel shelf of series2 R33's is a fuel management unit of some sorts... so who knows what sort of gadgetry that box of yours is!

Calsonic make exhaust products too, and I beleive the R33's came with an optional exhaust control valve. A butterfly that opens or closes the 2nd outlet from the dual-outlet muffler.

And guess what!?

28488 comes up as "CONTROL ASSY-MUFFLER"

Soo... have a look at the right-side exhaust pipe from the rear muffler, if your car is standard. Does it have it? I checked mine a few months ago, hoping I had it. =-[

All you need to do now is buy the apexi "power control valve" (used to quiten aftermarket exhaust systems), as it is electric, and murge this unit to it. Hence, automatic noise ajustment ;).

And if the cops question it just say it was a factory option :O

Japs come up with every gizmo for their std cars :lol:

nice one!! i have never been pulled over im my car in the two years that i have had it. i think the fact that the small (2000 people) town that i live in helps and that one of the cops down here as a R33 4 door that drowns my exhaust systems out helps as well. plus another of the cops has an bmw m3 with a big exhaust systems.