SAU Community

Problem With Hicas On R32 Gtst

Hi all,

I was driving today and all of a sudden the hicas light came on, nothing happened at first then after a while the steering got heavy and would jerk when i turned. the other weird thing is that there's a tapping noise coming from under my feet which i can hear and feel when i turn the steering. I am at a loss as to what the problem could be i ran a search but didnt turn up anything useful any help would be much appreciated

Hui,

Usually when my light came on it was caused by low fluid level in the steering resevior, check that. as for the knocking noise, perhaps a steering shaft universal is starting to fail of is hitting something, check also the steering shaft rubber dampner

Hui,

Usually when my light came on it was caused by low fluid level in the steering resevior, check that. as for the knocking noise, perhaps a steering shaft universal is starting to fail of is hitting something, check also the steering shaft rubber dampner

i'll check them out 200 thanks

i got another problem i think theyre related my battery died this morning and alarm was goin off. chargeed it took it for a drive, the steering is still twitching and hicas light flashes on and off. need help please, has anyone had this happen to their cars before?

Have you reset the ecu?

Just a thought, could't harm anything if it is a fault in the programming or something

Yeah mate tried that and ran diagnostics no faults came up but i still got the same problem. i charge my car up drive it hicas light comes and steering wheel tugs when i turn, leave it over night battery dies again when i go to start it in the morning and this batterys brand new, its freking me out

You can try checking that your altenator is charging the battery properly and if it is, then you've got a draw. Meaning despite the car being off there's still power going to something and causing a drained battery come morning. Worth a check anyway.

As for the HICAS prob, maybe be a sensor problem that only acts up periodically and was fine when tested it, most likely (knowing your luck) it worked fine then and then crapped out later on you. These things are hard to trouble shoot so the next time the light comes on, do the test then. Hopefully you'll get an answer.

Good luck.

Cheers B)