SAU Community

Rb25 Box In Ceff

huddy

Thanks folks,

Sorry about the whole "Tailshaft/Propshaft" thing. Trying to translate aussy english into Uk english can sometimes be challanging!

Shorten the tail/prop-shaft... Check....

Im guessing it's worth while getting it ballanced...

Chris

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks,

Sorry about the whole "Tailshaft/Propshaft" thing. Trying to translate aussy english into Uk english can sometimes be challanging!

Shorten the tail/prop-shaft... Check....

Im guessing it's worth while getting it ballanced...

Chris

I would hope any decent shop would include that in the price...

ok asked for a r33 early model clutch slave cylinder today - was told there are 9 different ones - so more specific - i said suit rb25turbo roughly '93 model RWD... still came up with 2 choices - but the one he did offer me was $88! new

DD - you got a part number or anything or did u find there were 2 different ones - coz this guy wanted me to find vin#/chassis# to help define which one - but i told him its for a box conversion

thanks

update

box is bolted up - no modifying to the transtunnel and kept the standard crossmember but turned around (with spacers added)

getting the yokes swapped over on the tailshaft - pickup later in the week

ordered the r33 clutch slave cylinder - pickup tomorrow

HOPEFULLY it will be as easy as this!!! ;) should be finished by the end of the week :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

awesome write up. :)

does anyone have the part number for the rb25 box slave cyl?

also, when changing from rb20 auto to rb20 with rb25 5 speed. what master cylinder can i use? only r32/ceffy/laurel? or wil a s13 one do the trick? or are they all the same?

cheers

matty

Edited by mattysaidso

shit i should've checked it when i bought it... :)

nissan dont give out part numbers for whatever reasons... but i ordered a series 1 / r33 / skyline slave cylinder - 93 model (early)

and i was given the correct one - i was told on here they're about $88 but the quote i got from nissan was like $110 - so i quoted the price and they actually did it for $88!!!

• 3 months later...

great information, so basically i need a series 1 box with yoke and things should be fine

someone has also informed me a nissan terrano or z32 yoke will work

im also a bit interested about the piece needed to make the speedo drive work, does anyone have a pic of this?

Edited by SirRacer

great information, so basically i need a series 1 box with yoke and things should be fine

someone has also informed me a nissan terrano or z32 yoke will work

im also a bit interested about the piece needed to make the speedo drive work, does anyone have a pic of this?

Its piss easy dude. Someone has pics I think.

But the actual cog bit, that goes inside the gearbox, the rb25 one should be red. You pull that off the rb25 electronic speedo gearing thing. Then you pull the one off the navara one, and somehow get the rb25 one on. Just the gear, not the metal spline thing.

Huddy, can you make a list and a later a sticky with all the stuff needed for the RB25 MT conversion ? It would be really helpfull for people. Maybe some pics too :blink: (I love pictures :) )

Did you read the first page?

You need.

S1 RB25box and yoke

S1 Rb25 box clutch slave

Navara speedo drive (code is somewhere on here) -(pics are also somewhere on sau, might take 30mins of searching tho)

Custom/shortened tailshaft

Move the cross member

Modification plate

I seriously cant think of anything else we needed. While its out tho I would clean up or get a new clutch, and machine the fly and pressure plates back. Just saves on money. I would also put a cheap oil in the box for a month or so, cleans it out, and you dont throw away good money on good oil if the box is stuffed.

Good luck!