SAU Community

Single Turbo Exhaust Manifolds

Turbine

G'day peoples, I'm interested in anybody whos made up their own manifolds.

High mount/ low mount, whatever it may be.

Just looking for an aftermarket manifold and really not satisfied with their shape. The only shape I liked was this HKS stainless tubular zorst that I saw on ebay for about 1600 bucks :D. Even that looked like it could be improved, maybe you have a bit of a room issue under the bonnet of a Skyline.

Mainly interested in a manifold suited to a high powered RB20DET, so if you are willing to share some info on the ideal manifold, made one yourself. I'll pass on my thoughts as well.

Cheers

Turbine.

the best exhaust manifold I have seen for RB20/25's is the GTSR Group A from Nissan. It is equal length, exceptionally well made and utilises the superior (for circuit racing) low/rear mount. A true work of art.

Not a good picture, I have better ones somewhere, I'll post them up later.

Gibson_R31_GTSR_Pipework.jpg

:( cheers :(

Edited by Sydneykid

were can those GTSR manifolds be picked up?

R31House... or 2nd hand.

Considering there are only 800 original item... which i dare say a few have died...

2nd hand wont be easy.

R31House want a small gold mine for thier replica's unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, no doubt I'll be able to source out a manifold from all your replies.

I've only ever seen the GTSR exhaust manifold once in my life at a car show in Melbourne and I had my eyes glued to it for about 30 minutes checking it out. Real nice.

Still, I'm looking for the the one that follows the exhaust port angle with no bends for at least 2" out of the head.

I'll gather up some pics of the setup once I get one bought or made up.

Talk later guys

Turbine.

holy crap, no way that would fit in a lhd s chassis!

looks like its a pretty advanced manifold especialy for the time.....

wonder what a new technology turbo would do on a rb20 equiped with that manifold.

Yeh it would fit just fine. Remember our car has no inner gaurds. I could afford to have the header pipes longer than that still.

Turbine

I've only ever seen the GTSR exhaust manifold once in my life at a car show in Melbourne and I had my eyes glued to it for about 30 minutes checking it out. Real nice.

Could well have been my one?

Or the one from Rons old car which went to SYD :D