SAU Community

Gtr's - R32, R33 Or R34

I like all of them. R32 is cheapest and lightest (And I think best looking)

R34 Looks hot as and is the newest

R33 Is the easiest to use as a daily driver

I really belevie that The R33 offers the best value, Easier to find a good condition one than a R32 (For not that much more these days) and about half the price of a R34!!

Edited by Bunta

R34 GTR is God himself scaled down into drivable form.

Big rizza you really have no idea about cars, we all know the potential of the gtr/rb26, but do you even know what rz supras are capable of, in my opinion they shit all over any gtr, as with a few boltons they are able to make 550hp+@ the wheels and run 10's on stock internals. As for traction you can always run nittos 555r's :huh:

Big rizza you really have no idea about cars, we all know the potential of the gtr/rb26, but do you even know what rz supras are capable of, in my opinion they shit all over any gtr, as with a few boltons they are able to make 550hp+@ the wheels and run 10's on stock internals. As for traction you can always run nittos 555r's :huh:

meh.

Traction is the main issue.

If they were AWD then we WOULD be in trouble. But till that happens (ain't gonna happen :D ) ......The GTR can never loose.

The inside of the car is where you spend 100% of your time whilst driving it! So, the newer the better I say!! Unless you are an 'U'ber track-master, where an extra 50kg's is actually going to make a difference, they shouldnt be much more to it than that.

I can notice an extra 50-60kg in my car (i.e. carrying a passenger) when I take it for a spirited drive on a country road, let alone when I'm carrying one on the track.

I'm not exactly an uber track master, but even in my 1.5 ton car its noticable.

Big rizza you really have no idea about cars, we all know the potential of the gtr/rb26, but do you even know what rz supras are capable of, in my opinion they shit all over any gtr, as with a few boltons they are able to make 550hp+@ the wheels and run 10's on stock internals. As for traction you can always run nittos 555r's :D

If your only concern is how much power it makes and how fast it goes down the econobox interval, then you really have no idea what the GT-R is about.

Light-tune daily driver: R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur

Heavy-tune semi-track machine: R32 GT-R

The M-Spec is the comfiest of the GT-Rs, which is more important than a couple of tenths on the track for a daily driver.

But if I could afford to have a "toy" GT-R and be allowed to modify it properly (and not to a set of regulations for racing) I'd get the lightest GT-R and bolt on the good bits from the later ones or aftermarket (like the faster ATTESSA from an R34).

In order I prefer 34, 32, 33. I've bought two 32 GTRs. Want a 34 but might hold off any new car purchases until the 2007 GTR is available.

But if I won lotto in the meantime I'd buy the Mines R34 GTR M-Spec Nur. The one on carsales has dropped from $195,000 to $165,000. I'm still a fair way off though.

Big rizza you really have no idea about cars, we all know the potential of the gtr/rb26, but do you even know what rz supras are capable of, in my opinion they shit all over any gtr, as with a few boltons they are able to make 550hp+@ the wheels and run 10's on stock internals. As for traction you can always run nittos 555r's ;)

power is NOT everything mate, and 1/4 doesnt prove how fast your car goes. put a 550hp rz supra and a mildly tuned GTR on a track then see who the winner is. GTRs are not built to drag although there are quick ones.

yer this is most likely turning into another series bashing thread (old vs whale vs pricey)

What how dare you call the R33 a Whale! I cut you!

hahah jj

Personally I dunno.........I've never been in a GTR, but the one thing that sticks in the back of my mind when choosing is that they all just about share the same components, but the 32 GTR, you can remove the fuse and have RWD fun.........you cant do that in the 33 and 34.......so I dunno.

Is there a cheap way to do this in the 33 and 34?

power is NOT everything mate, and 1/4 doesnt prove how fast your car goes. put a 550hp rz supra and a mildly tuned GTR on a track then see who the winner is. GTRs are not built to drag although there are quick ones.

I couldn't of said it better my self "GTR's are not built to drag", as for a 550hp supra on the track it'll munch any mildly gtr for sure, e.g. Amuse single turbo supra with stock engine pushing aroung 550hp vs mines r34 gtr fully built engine, obviously the supra lost but not by much, but that's a fully built gtr :P search for the vid if you haven't seen it.

I personally own a r33 but my mate owns a 32.

I think the 32 is more of a drivers car if modded well cause it has that chuckable lighter chasis like a s13.

But a r33 is all round a more usable car as it has more room inside and isnt so laggy and slugish in low revs so it makes a better daily driver.

I am a surfer so putting boards in a 33 is a bit easier then his 32, and no i wont listion to my other mates with 4wds and conform! i love my sports car. I know who gets hit up first on the wknd when we are going out!