SAU Community

Gtr's - R32, R33 Or R34

Hey Guy's and Girls,

Given we are all Skyline lovers (nothing perverse) I thought I would post a topic to see what others prefer.

I love the R34 GTR, and it is a great looking car & awesome driver, but sometimes I feels it lacks the excitment of an RZ Supra (bare in mind that 4WD & RWD play a part in this).

What are your thoughts?

Edited by J.P.V.

Hey Guy's and Girls,

Given we are all Skyline lovers (nothing perverse) I thought I would post a topic to see what others prefer.

I love the R34 GTR, however I am the first to admit that although it is a great car to drive, it sometimes feels to lack the excitment of an RZ Supra.

What are your thoughts?

Lack the excitment of a RZ Supra????? I think you got that the other way around.

I used to drive R32 GT-R, I think it's the best GT-R, however, my car had been stolen, when I decided to buy a R32 again I can't find any good ones in the market, therefore, I brought a R33 GT-R instead a R34 GT-R for the reason that R34 is expensive, with the same amount I can put in a complete TOMEI similar RB26 N1 engines with T655 turbos, HKS pipes etc.

My friend just brought a Z-TUNNE from Japan and arrived to Hong Kong last months, the car is stunning but just don't know how to keep the best maintainance because no mechanics has the appropriate knowledge.

yer this is most likely turning into another series bashing thread (old vs whale vs pricey)

The inside of the car is where you spend 100% of your time whilst driving it! So, the newer the better I say!! Unless you are an 'U'ber track-master, where an extra 50kg's is actually going to make a difference, they shouldnt be much more to it than that.

so therefore, the only real debate that remains.. is the 'looks'. but this is like debating people's favourite colour!!! Everyone is going to have a different opinion on this, but I think that the GTS-T's/GT-T's are a particluarly boring car in stock form. all it takes is a bit of imagination and modification, to make people to stop and say "WOW!". you can do that with just about any car!

personally, i think that the RZ supras are a MUCH better looking car then the 'lines in stock form.. they have that 'sports car' look! As for excitement, i think that the 'lines take it, just for the performace.. i used to have a supra, and they are predictably sloppy compared to the skyline. I have a lot more fun in the line than i did with the supra...

anyway thats my 2c :P

Guest Mashrock

the 34, for sure! its newer and more updated, tho it can kind of feel a little more like a machine..

i like the 32 for its raw feeling and appearence

Edited by Mashrock

I love em all....

R32 is the classic and would own one again...

R33 saw new developments in design and saftey

R34 is the youngest of the bunch and has the most gizmos...

So they all hold a special place for me... I have all the die cast models lined up side by side and would own any of them...

Yes the R32 is cheaper than the 33 and the 33 is cheaper than the 34.... Id buy the only you can afford to modify....

Oh and as for the supra... Are u kidding....

Good comparison for ya....

I bought the current R33 S2 for the same amount as a mate got his 96 model 6 speed...

We have both spent the same amount of mods... (With in a grand anyway) and i have him by 0.8 of a second down the quarter.... With him driving my car and vice verser the skyline beat the supra by 0.7 second...

So we are both similar drivers... Just shows supras are more expensive to open up...

Oh and as for the supra... Are u kidding....

Good comparison for ya....

I bought the current R33 S2 for the same amount as a mate got his 96 model 6 speed...

We have both spent the same amount of mods... (With in a grand anyway) and i have him by 0.8 of a second down the quarter.... With him driving my car and vice verser the skyline beat the supra by 0.7 second...

So we are both similar drivers... Just shows supras are more expensive to open up...

Interesting to hear you say that mate as I have had the same experience with supras. What mods do you have?

600X300X100 FMIC

GCG HIGH FLOW TURBO (STEEL WHEELS)

HKS INTERNAL WASTEGATE REPLACEMENT

EXHAUST CAM GEAR

HIGH FLOW N1 OIL AND WATER PUMPS

BLITZ SBC ID iii D SPEC

PFC & HAND CONTOLER

FUEL PRESSURE REG

BOSCH 040 IN TANK PUMP

GATES PRO SERIES TIMING BELT

APEXI TURBO TIMER

CUSTOM 3" EXHAUST FORM TURBO BACK IN STAINLESS

SCREAMER PIPE FROM TURBO ALSO IN POLISHED STAINLESS

BLITZ EXHAUST TEMP GAUGE

BLITZ BOOST GAUGE

3" HIGH FLOW CAT

1" LOWERED KING SPRINGS ALL ROUND

BILSTEIN SHOCKS ALL ROUND

FULL BUSH KIT

TOMEI ELECTRONIC HICAS LOCK KIT WITH SHIMS

255 RUBBER ON THE BACK 235 ON THE FRONT

17" VOLK TE37 RIMS POWDER COATED SILVER

Z32 AFM

K&N POD

AUTO METER FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE UNDER THE HOOD

G-TECH ON DASH

FORGED PISTONS

GTR RODS (X-RAYED)

BALANCED/SCHOCK PIENED & X-RAYED GTR CRANK

TOMIE BEARING KIT

CUSTOM CANDY YELLOW PAINT JOB

FULL S2 MSPEC BODY KIT WITH REAR PODS STILL INTACT

CUSTOM FRONT BAR MODS TO SUIT INTERCOOLER

SPITFIRE COILS

IRIDIUM PLUGS (HEAT RANGE 7)

75800KM'S ON THE DASH NOW

6,000KM'S ON THE PISTONS/TURBO/CAMS/RODS/GASKETS

There is probablly more that i have forgotten also....

I also have ordered a GT30 high mount kit ready to go on whilst im on holidays.... Now all i need is the gready plenium and need to spent some cash on fittings and lines to make it all look pretty.

Then im done....