SAU Community

Gt4 (welcome To Last Year)

Primordial

i'm only relatively new to this forum (Sept '05), so notice the topic, as im sure GT4 has been thrashed to death...

BUT.. I just sat down and had a couple of laps in a Mines N1 R34 GTR after many months of neglecting GT4 (Yes, i am an evil bastard. GT4 must be nurtured like your first born!), and I am still blown away by the realistic physics that this game has.

The point of my post: Does it get any better than this? right now is there anything better than this when it comes to racing simulation? I have seen a company that has developed a hydraulic seat which moves with the game to simulate G forces by tilting the seat. But this wont be commercially available for a long time. Is there any better games out, or coming out soon?

wouldn't say GTR is more realistic.. or R factor.. played all 3.. would still say GT4 is a very well mapped out physics.. Live for speed however, would probably take the cake..

problem with the above - GTR and R factor, is although they are meant to be realistic, they are still somewhat arcadey in their feel.. i've just cranked GT4 out again (got a HD 32" LCD - really makes a difference)..

maybe if I had a steering wheel for the PC games it would make a difference.. live for speed would have to be my pick.. great fun..

if your using the logitech driving force pro for gt4, it is compatible with pc... except i cant seem to find a good driver to support the full lock rotation of the wheel.

@ Primordial, I too have neglected GT4 for far too long. I think i'm gonna have to book some solid time in.

That Mines GTR is a great peice of work... but I much rather dive the RUF yellow bird.... a real handful to dive....

i'm only relatively new to this forum (Sept '05), so notice the topic, as im sure GT4 has been thrashed to death...

BUT.. I just sat down and had a couple of laps in a Mines N1 R34 GTR after many months of neglecting GT4 (Yes, i am an evil bastard. GT4 must be nurtured like your first born!), and I am still blown away by the realistic physics that this game has.

The point of my post: Does it get any better than this?

I'll take a different approach....

No!, it doesn't, and it won't until Gran Turismo Vision (GT5) comes out :P

Whats you fastest lap around the Nurburgring?