SAU Community

Going From An R33 Gtst To A Pulsar Gtir

JaFF

I already have an R33 gtst but am looking for something a little bit cheaper and a bit less to insure.

I'll probably be able to get 15-16k for my line so I don't want to spend over that.

I have looked at this pricerange for a while now and the pulsar gtiR is the only car i'm really even considering. I was wondering if anyone else had gone from an R33 to a GTiR and what were your experiences?

I've never got into taking my car to the strip or circuit racing so the r33 is a bit of a waste on me. I just want a quick car that I can use as a daily driver.

Anyone done this ?

Cheers,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from a 251rwkws R32 to a Gtir, they're awesome cars!! Love them to bits!!!

I got quoted 2.7k a year, insured for only 15k and a 2.5k excess because of rims, and my age. I have a perfect driving history.

P.S Im 19.

Greg

how quick is a stock GTiR though? I'm not to concerned about running costs as long as it's not off the planet on fuel and servicing. I think I just want a change and would be happy with a gtir. I will have to look into insurance though, if it's that much more I'll be giving it a miss for sure.

Might try to take one for a test drive in the future.

Mazda Familia GTR (not GTX) > gtir and cheaper..

Pity it looks like a POS.

hmm, It's hard to get a test drive down here in tas as there aren;t that many floating about.

I think I'll check out the insurance costs on Monday before I decide to find a test drive.

Cheers

i wanted to get one instead of 32 but i heard they like to understeer but they sound like a bit of a machine and there cheap as chips in buying price terms!

I chose a reasonably stock gti-r over my 251rwkw R32 with RB25 conversion and every other goodie on the planet!!

Says something?

I think so :(

They do unersteer stock, but with a few k on handling, she'll be handling like a dream.

Greg

I chose a reasonably stock gti-r over my 251rwkw R32 with RB25 conversion and every other goodie on the planet!!

Says something?

I think so :)

They do unersteer stock, but with a few k on handling, she'll be handling like a dream.

Greg

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up the understeer problem...

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up the understeer problem...

Ditto. The stock GTiR is a pretty one dimensional handler. Although I can't comment too much as I am not allowed to drive my mates GTiR (bastard!).

Personally I would change the TMIC to a FMIC and sell that awful looking bonnet scoop!

hmmm, waiting for an insurance quote to come back on a stock one.

I've also been looking at Toyota Celsiors. I actually kinda like them and from what I've read from reviews and user comments the engines are bullet proof, aren't exactly a slouch and are pretty economical.

They are bloody cheap too, might have to find out how the insurance is.

Cheers,

James

hmmm, waiting for an insurance quote to come back on a stock one.

I've also been looking at Toyota Celsiors. I actually kinda like them and from what I've read from reviews and user comments the engines are bullet proof, aren't exactly a slouch and are pretty economical.

They are bloody cheap too, might have to find out how the insurance is.

Cheers,

James

WOW....

They're pretty dirfferent cars, going from a 33 gts-t, to a gti-r to a Celsior.

A celsior is like a calais.. They are nice cars :angry: (gotta love the option of the rear seats electric massages)

Greg