SAU Community

Aircon Vent On The Left

bLaQ.bOi

my aircon vent on the left of the dash... is f**ked.. lol today i was cleaning the inside of my car. gently went over it witha cloth and it cracked lol... pushed it in a bit n it just shattered lol...now ive got black tape over it...(race tape) also just above the glovebox... theres a bulge...anyone know how to fix this? also where to get another vent? wreckers maybe?

1990 r32 gtst

yup, wonderful world of owning an R32...

almost 99.9% of them have a cracked left airvent and the skin on the dash starts giving near the corners.

here's what else to look out for:

center vent (also going the same way as the left one)

top corner of the interior next to rear quarter window bubbling

windcreen rubbers cracking

weathershield rubbers going white (easy to fix with black vinyl dye)

rear window rubbers cracking/ falling off

all this is most probably due to the extreme heat that R32's go thru in australia, there's not much you can do. Being a 15 year old car dosen't help it either. If your interior is mint now, invest in some window tints and pamper the interior with armorall n stuff.

thats the thing.. my interior is f**kin mint... as in the seats... and carpet.. ive got the greyish white floormats... just the f**kin vent and the dash bubble lol... reckon throw overs for the seats would keep them goood? i always watchout for where i park it.. in the shade always.. drives mates crazy... but i dont want it to fade on me

yep same thing happens with cefiros ! .......pretty much all of them have lost there left air vent. My interior is also in mint conditon except for the dash which has a bubble in it and missing the vent ! ......I think Nissan japan must have spent less on the dash area of there cars ...as aust jap cars i have seen never seem to have this problem.