SAU Community

Quick Dyno Run

SRB

ummmm not many can say their car has 2000 odd horse power at the wheels....

OUCH

I want to....

Dramatisation below;

(cough) I have 2000rwhp.....

Crowd yells 'BS'

Col runs away crying....

Like i said dramatisation... LOL

well the dyno sguts down at 1500... so they cant run it in top gear, the load it up in 3rd... and 4th is just a quick punch to make sure everything is in order... the dyno was in america, there isnt a dyno in nsw and australia (maybe) that is capable of holding it..

its my brothers car, i jus moved to syd to live with him a month or so ago... ill get a better one next few days wen its run up again with more boost..

:P

cant run in top gear? the reason they normally do it in 4th is cos its the closest 1:1 gear ratio, doing it in third is like 1:1.3 or whatever and would give more torque and readings of more power. remember, power is relative to torque, and gears manipulate torque..

and why was it in america? thats an lj torana, did you ship the whole car there or just the engine or what?

defo a nice run, though..

it was in america, because they have capable dynos.. its getting shipped over there next few weeks to be tuned again and run over there for a few months against the big boys.

Friggin awesome.. Can't be the noie of a V8 + the turbo whistle. :(

Not to mention the torque it would have made. :S

Those old Torry's have massive issues with chassis twist with an old school V8, how on earth have you lot got it to hold... Complete chassis replacement?!?! :S