SAU Community

r32 gts not tsarting straight away

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

hey you all, im just curious.. but my r322 non turbo doesnt like starting straight away.. like.. cold so to speak.. ( not weather) but when i try to start it the first couple of times it wont start.. but if it has been running sometime in the hour before i try to start it, it has no troubles.. is there any way to fix this?

I've heard of this problem before..

And every now and again mine will start and kind of splutter until I stab the accelerator.

There was one R32 that I test drove when I was looking for one that wouldn't start straight away then when it did it spluttered as mine does, But I did notice that the idle was very rough in this skyline.

I'd check your spark plugs, put in the correct heat range not any colder than std. as you don't need to.

Make sure the spark plugs are gapped at 1.1mm..

umm what else is there...

AHHH.... Your Coolant Temperature Sensor..

This is suspicious as maybe it is not working correctly and when cold it is not running richer. hence hard to start.

When the cts sensor is gone I'm not sure if the ecu automatically jumps the idle up still though.. ?!?!?!? Anyone???

Guest Boxhead

yeah well when my cra got serviced, they told me there is platinum plugs in it, they rekon they were fine, but next service they wanna change em.. so it could be that... thanks for your help..

however, my car doesnt idle roughly at all...

• 2 weeks later...

my line had the same problem then one day the battery died so i bougt a new one. now it ony takes about a second and it starts.

mabey your battery isnt supplying enough current to the starter so the engine isnt being cranked at the optimum speed thus taking longer to start.

just a thery based on my experience hope it helps.