SAU Community

Are You Able To Fit 225s

siddr20

Just wondering if its possible to fit 225s onto stock r33 rims and also is it worth it??

I know u can fit 215s for that extra grip.. but how about 225s??

Worth havin them on?? or just stick with 215s??

Also is it safer to have 215s all round or just rears??

Thanks for the help guys..

Cheers..

alpinestars-What are the specs of the tyres?? 225s on just rears or front as well?? 50 or 55s??

ahh i see.. hmm thanks for the help samfisher.. will go tyre shop and ask them to see what they can do..

Take my word for it, the 225`s will be ok but feels kinda mushy on quick direction changes or mid speed corners with undulations will allow it to sort of float on the rim.Almost like the car has week suspension bushes but it isn`t.Get the 205 tyres but the money you save off the larger 225`s can be spent on much stickier ones. :P

Yes, they'll fit (they're about the widest tire you can 'safely/legally' go to on a 6.5" wide rim)

HOWEVER

you're much better off going for a 205/55/16 tyre, as the sidewalls will be stronger/stiffer, and you won't get that "Mushy" feeling (as mentioned in a previous post).. what that is is when the sidewall of the tyre is actually moving from side-to-side and distorting... so while the tyre may be in full contact with the road and have complete traction, you are still getting a sway in the tyre from the sidewall moving around...

However, this doesn't really apply if you're putting 225/50/16 R-Compound semi-slicks or slicks on the rims, as most semi-slicks and slicks have a highly reinforced sidewall to cope with the extreme forces placed on them in high-speed cornering etc!

Whilst what azzurra says is partially correct you will also get less of 'contact' patch on the road due to tyre distortion....by forcing a wider tyre onto a rim the middle of the tyre will flex (not only the sidewall) thus getting a convex shape with air pressure inside it.

Check a couple of tyre websites (stuckeys / dunlop etc etc) for the optimum size you can fit on a particular sized rim.....

on the front the overall diametre wont really affect anything, your car will be 10mm lower at the front from the small diametre.

and 225s on the back of 32 rims is the same as runnin 225s on the back of 33 rims... theyre the exact same size, offset etc etc

alpinestars-What are the specs of the tyres?? 225s on just rears or front as well?? 50 or 55s??

ahh i see.. hmm thanks for the help samfisher.. will go tyre shop and ask them to see what they can do..

yer dude i got 225s on all fours