SAU Community

Best Position for Sub?

Gester

Guest wontok

I've almost finished my install of two 10", one facing up and back into each corner. I extended the enclosure to take up the whole of the boot floor, including the spare tyre well, which meant I only had to raise the floor by about 3". Still plenty of boot space, and awesome sound.

i think i'm gonna do the floor trick when my 12" comes.. and possibly mount the amp in the floor as well.

There is a fair bit of room once the spare is removed.. i'll rig up a custom floor and it should work pretty well i think. Maybe build fibreglass enclosure for the wheel well like i saw on here i think somewhere?

I like the appeal of still having some space in there. If i don't like the results I can always mount it a box later on.

Guest wontok

Have played with the fibreglass before, but the amount you need to bring it up to the same strength as the 19mm MDF is ridiculous. If you've got the time to play around with it though, it should give u a lot more room.

hopefully in the next 2 weeks i am going to mount my 12inch sub in the tyre well and the amp behind the false wall and custom fabricate all the panels in the boot to hide everything. Should look mad. I was also thinking of cutting the skyline symbel in the floor and have a contrasting perpex underneath. What do you guys think. Would you get the best results face up or face down?

Hey All,

Sounds like you all have awesome setups. But I'm new to this and am trying to install a sub facing the boot. The only problem is, with the battery of course.

Can you guys post a few install pics. Would love to get a few ideas on what I can do.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Glassn the tyre well is good cause you can use this room to build up the litres required to make the optimal cabinet for your sub(usually specified in your sub owners manual)This method was covered in a hot 4's magazine and the end result was quite impresive, unshure of what issue i may look for you, prob is my hot 4's are all buried by hpi (i stopped buying them and started to read a real mag) cheers - Geordie