SAU Community

Clutch Slipping

Hey there,

Most times, when I go to change gears, it seems that my clutch is slipping....does that mean I need to change to a heavy duty clutch?

hey there!

yeah your clutch plates will have worn down so.... new clutch time 4 u! There are heaps of different options, you can "rebuild" the clutch in your car but usually end up being more expensive than buying a heavy duty clutch kit. I just got a heavy duty clutch kit for my 33 from Just Jap. Kit was about $370 + installation and i am wrapped with it.

hope this helps you out!

Brett

Clutch slipping during gear changes?

what?

Go up a hill in like 3rd, floor it and see if the rpm's jump up and the car doesnt go any faster, thats when your clutch is slipping.

I got that same kit from JustJap... there's something wrong with my box though, cause it started slipping a month after me and a mate put it in. My mechanic rubbished the RPM organic kit, saying that RPM just (poorly) remanufacture dead pressure plates and resurface friction plates.

Boo! =-[ *cry*

I got that same kit from JustJap... there's something wrong with my box though, cause it started slipping a month after me and a mate put it in. My mechanic rubbished the RPM organic kit, saying that RPM just (poorly) remanufacture dead pressure plates and resurface friction plates.

Boo! =-[ *cry*

hmmm.... thats interesting! hope mine hols on cause ive done major service at same time n got very little $$$ left haha. so u reakon go easy on it? r u sure your seal didnt leak oil onto your plate?

cheers 4 the heads up

Hi ppl

Funny this topic came up cause MINE TOO just the other day is slipping REAL bad, can bearly drive it.

Getting a kit from just jap 2moro 2.

The one for $370 mentioned by "Black gtst", is that a much better then the standard ones?? cuz on the justjap site they are advertising $299 for a factory clutch kit.

blackgtst: Aww.. nah. I mean... wear it in as you should for the first 500k's, but if it's a dud, it will bog out on you very quickly no matter what you do.

grazza: Well... that kit seemed alright for a month...

And considering my mechanic is a total perfectionist and never wrong, i'm happy to throw mine out when the box comes off next week.

Mate of mine just received his clutch back from Jim Berry, and he reckens it's the sh*t. Cost him almost a grand though.