SAU Community

R33 Gts-t clutches: Which are good

«Cyph3r»

I have a R33 gts-t that's a bit modified and was looking a t getting a new clutch for it. My car is putting out 320hp at the wheels at 1.2bar boost at the moment and needs tuning so I want something that can handle at least 600hp@flywheel.

It currently has an hks triple plate solid centre clutch which works great and never slips but the problem is that it makes the car hard to drive.... i either have to give it some revs and take off spinning the wheels a bit or ease it out very very slowly over about 5seconds. I was just wanting to know if anyone has a good clutch in their car that can handle this power without being too difficult to use that they can recommend. At the moment I am thinking about OS Giken or Ogura Racing Clutch Twin Plate Sprung Centre Clutches.I don't want to drag it with this clutch or do like 6000rpm+ launches just be able to still rev it out without the clutch slipping.

Also does anyone in my area have a clutch of this type... i m in noosa on sunshine coast, qld.

Thanks for any help

Jamie:D

What does a clutch cost?

I guess my car will be going close to 200rwkw eventually and i'd like to put aside enough $$ incase i start having problems with the standard item.

Anyone have suggestions for a car that will be aiming for low 13/high 12s on the odd occasion while also being very driveable to work each day?

Mark

Hi guys, REV210 is right choose one for the horsepower you want, plus I have a simple rule;

for 2wd drive a twin plate is plenty, regardless of how you use it

for 4wd drive a twin plate is plenty for the street

for a 4wd street/drag car, a 3 plate is the go

BTW we use OS Giken as they have a nice range to suite the above.

Hope that helps

Is the following item (From $495 exchange) combined with a lightened flywheel worth worrying about if i'm going to keep below 250rwkw? or should I/can I just get a lightened flywheel with the standard clutch?

"UAS Modified sports clutch with 40% increased clamping pressure and 6 finger cinted bronze Cerametalic button clutch plate. Grips well lasts a long time and not savage on take up. Anti Burst Casting (Nodular Iron) pressure plate. We can rebuild and improve clutches for any car.

Supplied with new thrust bearing. Exchange for 300zx ,R33 GTS, R32 GTS-T ,Silvia, 180SX MR2, Supra."

Mark

Has anyone used or have an ogura racing clutch?? I have heard they are good but everyone seems to go wit os giken... just wonderin' if dis is cos os is betta or easier to get?

Also anyone able to tell me how much an os twin plate sprung centre clutch wit flywheel is gonna cost??? I have seen one for $3300AU. I'm thinkin that this is a bit xpensive howeva:confused:

ThanX

:werd: :Pimp:

Originally posted by Merli

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=11024

Near new NISMO Triple Plate Clutch for sale - $2500.

Sorry merli but i have a triple plate hks that is pretty much brand new. It is just dat it is a biatch to use. dis is y i m switchin to a twin. If anyone is after a clutch for dragging or racing though or is really co-ordinated than triple plates are awesome.... can drop it at 8000rpm all day and no slippage!! There u go dood free plug :Pimp:

LaterZ All

:werd:

I'm used to the triple now, but my parents need to be able to drive the car, that's why it has to go...

It's a clutch you can quite easily get used to, but not just hop in the car and drive it...